Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Redmond, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 2+ years of research and/or industry experience in RF/microwave circuit design
- Master's degree or PhD in an engineering discipline with emphasis in RF/microwave circuits or electromagnetic theory
- Experience with design of linear and non-linear circuits such as power amplifiers, low noise amplifiers, mixers, filters and PLLs
- Thorough understanding of RF passive components
- Familiar with radio related test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, vector signal analyzers, vector signal generator, network analyzers
- Experience characterizing radio performance at microwave frequencies
- Knowledge of digital communication systems, spread spectrum, single and multi-carrier techniques and modulation types such as QPSK, APSK and QAM
- RF/microwave design using ADS, HFSS, AWR or similar
- Understanding of electromagnetic propagation and antenna systems
- Schematic and layout using Altium Designer or other PCB design tools
- Experience in Matlab, Python, C++ or equivalent tools for modeling and analyzing RF systems
- Python and/or LabVIEW programming experience for test automation
- Digital communication theory with emphasis on bit error rate and system noise figure
- RF/microwave design in the Ku, Ka, V and E-band frequency range
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as necessary to support critical milestones
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Simulate/model RF front-end systems, working with system architects, modem/DSP and ASIC engineers to partition functions between hardware and software domains
- Derive RF HW specifications for the RF system and RF blocks
- Develop RF/microwave circuits, components, MMICs, board and packages
- Evaluate and characterize prototypes and RF components
- Characterize and analyze full radio performance
- Assist in the development of automated test equipment for lab measurements
- Work with manufacturing engineers on production testing of RF avionics components and systems
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.