Staff Firmware Engineer
Posted on 2/1/2022
San Jose, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- BS/MS in Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, and 2-10+ years of relevant experience in storage firmware development is required
- Strong programming experience and demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ for embedded systems, including development of algorithms, manipulation of complex data structures, and implementing highly optimized code, is required
- Relevant hands on experience in embedded software or firmware development, including storage devices or other embedded platforms is required
- Experience with one or more of the following storage related technologies: NVM Express, PCI Express, SAS, SCSI, NAND Flash/FTL, Fibre Channel, SATA, eMMC, or UFS is beneficial
- Experience with ARM or equivalent embedded multi-core microprocessor architectures is required
- Hands on experience with JTAG/ICE debuggers and protocol analyzers is required
- Familiarity and experience with modern agile software development methodologies and practices is preferred
- Resourceful Achiever: self-motivated and proactive, you flex to try new approaches and creatively solve problems
- Avid Learner: you thrive with challenges, seek continuous growth and improvement, and seek data to prove your hypotheses
- Devoted Professional: you are diligent and deliberate in your work, leveraging your expertise to deliver results without ego
- Thoughtful Collaborator: you build relationships across teams, offering help and welcoming ideas from others to drive work forward in an inclusive manner
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player, as part of a local and globally distributed team
- Good oral and written skills for communication and documentation of technical information
- Open to domestic and/or international travel
- Is comfortable working in a multinational environment and understands how
- Design and development of high performance firmware and software for cutting-edge enterprise SSD products
- Debug, optimize, and validate SSD firmware on complex embedded multi-core architectures
- Support customer qualification and adoption of SSD products
- Participate in ground-breaking advanced SSD storage development and research projects
One of the world's largest producers of electronic devices
Samsung's mission is to devote its talent and technology to creating superior products and services that contribute to a better global society. Samsung produces a wide range of electronic devices and is ranked as a top 10 global brand.
- Comprehensive healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee assistance program, Telehealth services
- Work life success: PTO, FlexTime, FlexPlace, FlexYourFriday
- Financial wellness: Health savings account, Flexible spending acounts, 401(k), Student loan support, Tuition assistance
- Family first: Pregnancy support, Adoption assistance program, Paid child caregiver leave, Milk stork, WINFertility
- Incentives: Fitness reimbursement, Annual physical. Preventative screenings, Lifestyle management
- People: Quite simply, a company is its people. At Samsung, we’re dedicated to giving our people a wealth of opportunities to reach their full potential.
- Excellence: Everything we do at Samsung is driven by an unyielding passion for excellence and an unfaltering commitment to develop the best products and services on the market
- Change: As we have done since our foundation, we set our sights on the future, anticipating market needs and demands so we can steer our company toward long-term success.
- Integrity: Operating in an ethical way is the foundation of our business. Everything we do is guided by a moral compass that ensures fairness, respect for all stakeholders and complete transparency.
- Co-prosperity: Samsung is committed to becoming a socially and environmentally responsible corporate citizen in all of its communities worldwide.