The Audio Discipline at Riot strives to deliver lasting sonic experiences for players. We help breathe life into our games, cinematics, esports, albums, and more through the use of sound. We are always working to level up the crafts & techniques by experimenting and playing the games we love.
As a Sound Effects Librarian on Audio Services, you will focus on working closely with teams across Riot to evaluate, design, refine and build a robust sound effects library that increases the usability of our content. This will involve working with Audio Leads on various game teams to identify opportunities to improve the library, and collaborating with discipline leaders in the design of our overall approach for the library. In this role, you will report to Sr. Manager, Audio Services.
- Project manage the implementation of the Sound Effects Library and SoundMiner platform including tracking progress against a defined strategy aligned with the goals of the audio discipline.
- Prepare a long-term plan for categorizing, indexing, and archiving content and information resources
- Design and optimize workflows, standards, and processes for content asset management; Train and support content contributors (audio members)
- Develop, facilitate, and monitor taxonomies metadata schemas for organizing assets in line with overall strategic goals.
- Work with IT teams to optimize the performance of our library and manage user access for different groups and teams across the studio for their specific project needs
- Coordinate and assist in asset intake and retrieval from audio discipline members across multiple teams.
- 4+ years of experience in Digital Asset Management in the games or entertainment industry.
- Experience managing content organization, search and retrieval, and measurement
- Strong understanding of metadata and taxonomy
- Familiarity with a wide variety of audio assets
- Basic knowledge of rights management and media usage rights
- Experience working with SoundMiner
- Degree in related field of study such as library and information science or technical communications
- Strong understanding of Game Audio or TV/Film Post Production pipelines
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner’s Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $126,700 USD - $176,200 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history.