Senior Principal Architect
Scala, Remote, R-13452
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Austin, TX, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Minimum of 10 years of proven software systems design and delivery
- Advanced programming skills and comfort with multiple languages
- Significant experience working in a language that incorporates at least some functional features such as Scala, Python, F#, or Groovy
- Significant experience working with relational databases. Storing and querying relational data should be second nature to you, including joining and grouping
- Expert level understanding of fundamental computer science concepts such as the practical application of data structures and algorithmic complexity
- Experience with and excellent understanding of data design options and tradeoffs faced when selecting data systems, protocols, sharing strategies, and normalization levels
- A significant track record of constantly learning new technologies
- Agile development experience. Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc
- Energetic and has a passion for software development and emerging technologies
- Design and build scalable architectures using Scala, Akka, and related technologies
- Mentor a team of Software Engineers and work closely with the business partners to ensure that the solutions planned will meet the business objectives
- Write Scala code to populate and query our Elasticsearch cluster
- Model analytical data in a searchable and scalable way
- Create new ways of pivoting client data with Dun & Bradstreet rich datasets
- Test and tune distributed Akka compute cluster
- Build automated tests using Specs2
- Provide leadership and guidance on pragmatic methods for measuring progress and the impact of changes
- Collaborate on technical roadmaps with engineering leadership and business stakeholders
- Experience with functional languages like Scala, Haskell, or Clojure
- Experience with search technologies like Elasticsearch or Solr
- Experience with Akka or other distributed processing frameworks
- Experience with big data, especially if you've used highly concurrent systems like Spark, Storm, or Hadoop to analyze data
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
Business intelligence products for companies
Dun & Bradstreet seeks to create a global network of trust enabling clients to turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity, and potential into prosperity. The company is building on its world-class data and analytics—Dun & Bradstreet Data Cloud—to deliver more data and deeper insights.
- Medical and Prescription Drug: Comprehensive coverage through a choice of a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan and Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHP). The CDHP plan has a Health Savings Account (HSA) option. D&B contributes to the HSA each year.
- Dental: Insurance including preventive care, basic care, major care and orthodontia
- Vision: Coverage for routine eye exams and prescription lenses, frames and contact lenses
- Health Care Accounts: Set aside before-tax dollars to pay for eligible health care expenses. You can choose a Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Life Insurance: Company paid life insurance, as well as additional coverage including Basic, Supplemental, Spouse or Domestic Partner, and Child
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance: Benefit that provides a payment if you suffer an accident that is fatal or dismembering
- Business Travel Accident Insurance: Benefit that provides a payment if you are injured or die as a result of an accident while traveling on Company-approved business
- Short-Term Disability (STD): Company provided benefit that offers you income protection for absence due to nonwork-related injury or illness
- Long-Term Disability (LTD): Coverage that picks up when your STD ends. It provides income protection if you become totally disabled and are unable to work after 180 days of continuous disability.
- Critical Illness Insurance: Insurance that is intended to supplement your medical and disability coverage. It provides a lump-sum benefit in the event you (or a covered family member) are diagnosed with a covered condition, such as cancer, heart attack, and more
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance: Provides a lump-sum benefit to help you pay for costs in the event you (or a covered family member) are hospitalized.
- Accident Insurance: Provides a lump-sum benefit to help you (or a covered family member) pay for costs for a covered injury and related services
- 401(k) Plan: Retirement plan into which you can make before-tax, Roth and after-tax contributions; company match is available along with a wide range of investment options
- Personalized Planning & Advice (PP&A): Assistance with 401(k) investment decisions and financial wellness
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Set aside before-tax dollars to use towards eligible dependent child or adult care services
- Legal Insurance Plan: Insurance plan that provides you with prepaid legal services to help you address a wide range of legal matters (i.e. home purchase, will creation, small claims court, dispute with a home contractor, and much more)
- Home and Auto Insurance: Special group rates and discounts on protection of your home, car and other personal property
- Commuter Benefit: Pay for your commuting expenses through before-tax payroll deductions
- Pet Insurance: Plan that reimburses you for expenses incurred for covered services
- Vacation days: 20 days and you are eligible to earn more based on your years of service
- Holidays: 9 paid days that coincide with the national holidays when our US offices are closed, plus one floating holiday of your choice
- Volunteer Days: Two days per year to volunteer
- Unsick Day: One paid day off to visit the doctor when you are not sick
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave: Up to 16 weeks of paid leave for the primary caregiver, and up to 2 weeks of paid leave for the secondary caregiver
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Free confidential support, including access a network of professional counselors, and referrals on resources for everyday needs
- Adoption Assistance: Reimbursement for eligible expenses related to adopting a child
- Education Assistance: Provides financial assistance for outside education to enable team members to achieve greater results in their current position and/or to prepare team members for future assignments within Dun & Bradstreet
Company Core Values
- Data-Inspired - We’re passionate about the power of data. It’s at the heart of everything we do.
- Relentlessly Curious - We embrace the change in the world around us. We know it brings new problems to solve, new things to learn and new ways to grow.
- Inherently Generous - We succeed by helping others succeed. We openly share our time and talent, and we confidently welcome the help of others.