Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Performance Software Engineer to join our team working on Forbes.com and the pages and websites that surround it. It will be your responsibility to lead the delivery of high profile and impactful features that will be seen and used by millions of users worldwide. You have a love and passion for what you do.
In addition to joining a high performing team, you would be joining a passionate and engaged culture that celebrates:
- Entrepreneurship: Freedom to innovate, identify new opportunities and take on responsibilities
- Career Development: Formal mentorship program, industry conference attendance and speaking opportunities
- Work/Life Balance: Flexible work schedule, regular group outings (innings?), the celebration of passion projects and side hustles, an understanding that you are human and the complexities that come with that
- Positivity: Emphasis on positive communication, growing everyone and team building
If you’re looking for challenges and opportunities similar to those of a startup, with the benefits of a seasoned, successful company, read on.
Tasks such as analyzing system performance, identifying bottlenecks, implementing performance testing and monitoring tools, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to resolve performance issues. The ultimate goal is to deliver software that is efficient, scalable, and meets or exceeds performance expectations.
- Deep understanding of Lighthouse
- Experienced traversing DevTools (Performance, Network, Elements tab, Lighthouse)
- A curiosity for how things can work best together
- Clear and positive communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Drive to mentor and help other engineers grow
- A product-value driven mindset
- Participate and help lead Agile/Scrum ceremonies
- Lead projects on a technical level
- Develop features with high-quality, maintainable, scalable code
- Participate in Code Reviews
- Unit and Integration Testing
- Analyze and resolve emerging technical issues
- Collaborate with product owners and designers
- Manage 1-2 developers working with us from partner agencies
- Good understanding of the performance tools like: CrUX, Speedcurve, Lighthouse, New relic, Google search console
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience optimizing and enhancing 3rd party script performance.
- Pug/Jade template
- Mocha, Chai, Jest unit testing
- Google Cloud Platform
The annual base salary range for this role is $115,000 - $150,000
Forbes has estimated the compensation range set forth above in good faith. The compensation range is what we believe we will offer, and ultimately pay, a successful candidate. In determining this range, we consider the experience, level of education (if applicable to the role), knowledge, skills, and abilities required to be had by a successful candidate as well as the budget and the company’s pay rates, generally. This said, we may have to make changes to our compensation estimates and job descriptions from time to time and we expressly reserve the right to do so. Should we make any such changes, this advertisement will be revised to reflect such revisions. We encourage you to occasionally re-visit this advertisement to ensure that you are abreast of any changes. Thank you for your interest in joining Forbes!
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.
Staff and Applicant Privacy Notice