Senior Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
- Architect and design core product features from start to finish; from conception and research to implementation and iteration, all the way through deployment, maintenance, and future iterations
- Help architect and build performant backend systems for serving our core marketplace features
- Think holistically about how parts of our systems fit together from the UX to the underlying APIs and data models
- Mentor and train other team members on best practices and approaching large ambiguous problems
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and other Engineers to prioritize, scope, and architect new features
- Prioritize projects and tasks based on impact; balancing moving fast and building for the long haul
- If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team
- Deep knowledge of web technologies and large-scale web application architectures
- Familiarity with current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, security, and usability
- 8+ years of industry experience building scalable and performant production UIs and APIs using a stack similar but not limited to React, Typescript, GraphQL, Python
- Strong customer empathy; you think critically of how our features impact our community, users, and business
Largest NFT marketplace
OpenSea's mission is to make digital collectibles available to anyone, through buying or selling these items through a smart contract. OpenSea is a peer-to-peer marketplace for cryptogoods, which include collectibles, gaming items, and other virtual goods backed by a blockchain.
- Paid family leave - Whether you’re bonding with a new child or taking care of a family member, we understand you need this time off.
- Health insurance - Your wellness is important. We've got you covered. Take care of yourself to come to work happy and healthy.
- Flexible vacation policy - Sometimes we all need a break. Take one, take many. Just come back recharged and inspired.
- Flexible hours - We know you have personal priorities to take care of. Take care of them and work on your own hours; we’re flexible.
- Work from home - Avoid long commutes in and out of the office. Instead, work in the comfort of your own home and set-up.
- Workshops & conferences - Attend relevant workshops and conferences to grow and develop. It’s our priority.
- Travel & company retreats - As an international team, we take the time to meet up for company retreats.
- Game nights - Once a month, we set work aside and play a game or two to bond as a team.
- Cultivate continuous growth
- Embrace openness
- Foster inclusive collaboration