Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on our Mission
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. As a Senior Product Marketing Manager you’ll play a meaningful role in shaping, communicating, and launching Zocdoc’s innovative products to consumers. You’ll bring audience, industry and opportunity insights to the product development stage. You’ll collaborate closely with marketing, sales and product teams leading the development of value propositions, go-to-market plans, including messaging and adoption strategies. This is a great opportunity for a smart and passionate marketer to directly impact how users experience Zocdoc, while driving growth for the business.
You’ll enjoy this role if you...
- Are a stickler when it comes to the right message for the right audience at the right time
- Love shaping products from concept to launch
- Are collaborative, and enjoy building relationships at all levels of an organization
- Have an interest in transforming the healthcare experience for millions of patients
Your day to day is…
- Becoming an expert on Zocdoc’s product suite, differentiators, customers, and competitors.
- Driving product adoption with clear and compelling value propositions, positioning, launch strategies and tactics.
- Gathering and surfacing audience and industry insights through research, data analysis, and internal input to help shape product and marketing strategies.
- Partnering with Product, PR, and other teams to drive cross-functional, cross-channel marketing efforts to meet the growth objectives associated with ongoing initiatives.
- Inspiring action through data-driven insights and executing with operational rigor and efficiency.
- Educating internal partners on how to effectively communicate the unique value of Zocdoc’s products through various touch points.
- Developing value prop recommendations, launch materials, and messaging frameworks
You’ll be successful in this role if you…
- Have experience with consumer technology products or online marketplaces.
- Have 7+ years overall work experience, with a minimum 3 years of product marketing experience at a technology company.
- Demonstrate super strength when it comes to managing complex projects with an eye for detail.
- Have experience in and passion for collecting and using customer insights and market research to drive strategic product marketing decisions
- Approach projects through a data-driven and analytical lens.
- Are a creative problem solver with an appetite to always be learning.
- Can work independently or in groups, and know when to ask for feedback or help.
- Have the ability to synthesize complicated product descriptions into simple, everyday language.
- Are a strong communicator, both verbally and written, and know your audience.
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Employer funded 401(k) match
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace and Peloton
- Sabbatical leave (for employees with 5+ years of service)
- Competitive parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- In office perks including:
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Salary ranges are determined through alignment with market data. Base salary offered is determined by a number of factors including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and skills. Certain positions are also eligible for variable pay and/or equity; your recruiter will discuss the full compensation package details.
NYC Base Salary Range
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice