Software Engineer - Cloud insights and optimizations
Posted on 6/1/2022
Remote • United States
Development Operations (DevOps)
Google Cloud Platform
- Develop solutions for complicated problems both independently and with team members
- Help automate solutions for ops issues, such as monitoring, performance, planning, and disaster response
- Independently troubleshoot and resolve complicated issues in their domain
- Use experience as a guide to determine when a solution is good enough
- Lead software development processes
- Interpret product requirements in order to author technical specifications
- Coach and mentor less experienced engineers
- Act as point of contact for software components
- 4+ years of production software development experience
- 2+ years of Experience working in a DevOps environment
- 2+ Years Experience building service-oriented architectures, microservices or REST APIs
- 2+ years Experience building, deploying and monitoring cloud-based applications in AWS/GCP
- Proficiency in one programming language and strong familiarity with at least 1 other
- Experience with a database such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB
- Experience with Containerization (Kubernetes) in AWS/GCP
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Design, implement, test rigorously and support microservices at scale in a collaborative environment. Advocate for and implement operational best practices and serve on-call for the team's services
- DRAW THE OWL: Demonstrate quickness in learning and ability to teach constantly. Take part in sprint, weekly, and quarterly planning ceremonies
- BE INCLUSIVE & EMPOWER OTHERS: Consistently share your ideas and request feedback. Mentor more junior engineers to grow professionally
- WRITE IT DOWN: Communicate complex ideas simply through verbal and written communication
- Experience with monitoring and instrumentation of distributed systems is a plus
Customer engagement platform & developer of communications APIs
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
- Vacation: Twilio offers generous annual time off in all countries for you to enjoy.
- Healthcare: We are dedicated to helping our employees live longer and healthier lives through comprehensive health programs.
- Retirement: Twilio cares about your retirement! We offer programs to help our employees plan for their retirement needs.
- Family leave: At Twilio we recognize the importance of family. We offer generous maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves, as well as family medical care leave.
- Earn your stripes: Build and present a Twilio app to earn your Twilio track jacket and receive $30 per month for e‑books for continued learning and education.
- Catered meals: We provide a variety of snacks, drinks, and catered meals in each of our locations.
Company Core Values
- Build a more‑connected world
- Be great, do good, scale fast
- The work of our lives