Lead Security Engineer
Insider Threat and Investigations
Posted on 11/29/2022
Austin, TX, USA • Remote in USA
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across teams during high-stress situations
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and use good judgment to establish order of priorities on the fly
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite
- In-depth knowledge of the insider threat landscape
- 5+ years experience in security operations such as investigations or Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR)
- Experience with Insider Threat technologies (SIEMs, Data Loss Prevention solutions, host forensic solutions)
- Solid experience in using AWS services such as EC2, S3, Lambda, and RDS
- Exposure to programming, scripting and query languages such as Python, Golang, bash, SQL
- Exposure to data science and analytics solutions applicable to the insider threat detection space
- Knowledge of the Cyber Kill Chain Framework and familiarity of the MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- View Security Detection & Response as a data and engineering problem
- Exude positivity
- Aren't afraid to share your ideas
- Meet problems head-on and view them as opportunities
- Are self-reliant and motivated
- Communicate fearlessly
- Partnering with stakeholders to help build and implement an Insider Threat Program to fit the company's needs and goals
- Leading the development and implementation of automated data access checks across various platforms to help detect abuse and data exfiltration
- Performing security incident investigations using data analytics, and computer forensics
- Building automation and detection models to support identification of anomalous activity and response activities to mitigate insider threats at scale
- Identify gaps in our infrastructure, and work with business partners to gain visibility through logging and detection
- Partnering with stakeholders to contribute to Security Awareness messaging and Training
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
Company Core Values
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.