Markforged is on a mission to bring industrial production to the point of need. We are the inventors and builders of the Digital Forge – the world’s most reliable, intelligent, and easy-to-use additive manufacturing platform. The Digital Forge brings flexibility and resiliency to the manufacturing operations of over 10,000 companies around the world.
By developing and delivering the full product stack consisting of precision hardware, cloud-connected software, and industrial materials, we empower engineers and technicians to seamlessly go from design to functional part, dramatically reducing lead time and cost. We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to lead strategically important products that span this product stack from concept through execution.
In this role you will:
- Understand our users, their needs, and their engagement with our platform through qualitative (e.g. interviews) and quantitative (e.g. usage analysis) research
- Set the vision and define requirements for new printers, materials, and features based on insights that intersect customer, technology, and business
- Define key metrics to track progress towards this vision, and deliver results on these
- Collaborate with Engineering and PMO from product definition through delivery to ensure alignment on priorities, provide compelling context, and make tradeoff decisions
- Help guide go-to-market strategy, sales enablement, and pricing decisions through product launch and beyond
- Communicate a clear and compelling product vision to the company and represent your product at major sales meetings and trade shows
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What we look for:
- 7+ years working with hardware technology including 3+ years as a Product Manager (or equivalent experience) with multiple products shipped
- Passion for the product and ownership over outcomes
- Analytical and data-driven approach to decision making
- Ability to establish credibility and influence up, down, and across the organization
- Clear communicator with confidence presenting at the Executive level
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment with a bias towards action
- Bachelors or higher in an science, engineering, or design field
This role will require being on-site 4+ days per week at our Headquarters in Waltham, MA and ~15% travel for customer site visits, trade shows, and sales meetings.
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
For all US-based roles, we offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.