Sr. Corporate Compliance Counsel
Posted on 3/21/2023
Menlo Park, CA, USA
- U.S. Law degree from an accredited school and active member of the state bar, required
- 8 + years of relevant experience at a law firm and/or in-house in the life sciences industry
- Experience conducting enterprise-wide risk assessments and developing work plans
- Strong verbal and written communication and relationship management skillsExceptional organizational and planning skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume, client-centric environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with eye toward continue process improvement
- Self-starter who is able to work in an independent, reliable manner while exercising initiative, flexibility and good judgment
- Collaborative, standout colleague
- Strong desire to learn, take on new challenges, and grow in role
- Assist the Chief Compliance Officer in implementing, enhancing, and promoting GRAIL's compliance program and culture of ethical conduct
- Advise company personnel regarding compliance, legal and regulatory matters, including the Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, EKRA, and other anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws in the US and the UK
- Effectively partner with personnel across the company to review and provide guidance on proposed HCP arrangements, grant and sponsorship requests, marketing initiatives, and research support to help ensure compliance with applicable laws and company policies
- Draft/review, negotiate, and approve compliance provisions in commercial agreements as needed to ensure compliance with applicable laws and company policies
- Assess and enhance existing compliance-related policies, company code of conduct, handbooks, and procedures on a routine basis
- Work in conjunction with the Chief Compliance Officer to develop and deliver interactive compliance and legal trainings/onboarding and provide regular communications to employees on a variety of compliance-related topics
- Monitor the compliance hotline and conduct investigations of alleged violations of laws, regulations and company policies, in close collaboration with other legal, HR and / or Finance personnel
- Interview stakeholders and identify risk areas through an enterprise-wide risk assessment process and work with the Chief Compliance Officer to implement work plans to proactively address risks
- Implement and oversee compliance monitoring and auditing processes, including relating to HCP-related expenditures and contracts
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Designs cancer screening tests
GRAIL's mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. They are working to change the trajectory of cancer mortality and bring stakeholders together to adopt innovative, safe, and effective technologies that can transform cancer care.
- Outstanding People - Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
- Strong Compensation - We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide for long-term financial planning.
- Complete Health Coverage - Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
- Work-Life Balance - Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
Company Core Values
- Grit - We are determined and resilient because patients are counting on us.
- Respect - We value diversity and challenge each other respectfully.
- Accountability - We own our decisions and keep our commitments.
- Integrity - We adhere to our principles of humility, transparency, and rigor.
- Leadership - We make each other better by making leadership everyone’s responsibility