Senior Data Engineer
Posted on 5/13/2022
- Bachelor's degree in CS or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience in analytics, data development, and data warehousing
- Experience working with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Kinesis)
- Experience with large-scale data processing systems for both batch and streaming technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kinesis, Flink)
- Experience in programming using Python, Java or Scala
- Experience with data orchestration tools (Airflow, Oozie, Step Functions)
- Solid understanding of database technologies including NoSQL and SQL
- Data lake design strategies for metadata, ontology, governance, authorization, etc
- Track record of delivering reliable data pipelines with solid test infrastructure, CICD, data quality checks, monitoring, and alerting
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to balance competing priorities
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is occurring, and ambiguity is the norm
- Execute a data platform strategy in collaboration with team members, architects, product managers, and other groups across the business
- Collaborate as a significant individual technical contributor to meet overall team objectives and goals
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies, standards, and protocols
- Experience with AWS big data technologies - S3, EMR, Kinesis, Redshift, Glue
- Experience in building Tableau reports for analytics
- Experience working with Marketing and Advertising data
- Experience with ML/AI Engineering - building pipelines to service/Infer AI/ML models
- Work in an agile(scrum) development environment, constantly shipping and iterating
- Develop high-quality batch and streaming big data pipelines
- Collaborate with our Data Consumers, gathering requirements, and delivering complete data solutions
- Own the development, and maintenance of datasets that drive key business decisions
- Adopt and define the standards and best practices in data engineering including data integrity, performance optimization, validation, reliability, and documentation
- Keep up to date with advances in big data technologies and run pilots to develop the data architecture to scale with the increased data volume using cloud services
- Triage many possible courses of action in a high ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment
World's largest domain registrar
GoDaddy's mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. They do this by democratizing access to basic IT tools.
- 401k with generous employer match, pre-tax / Roth options
- Shares of GDDY stock through grants
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Professional development & tuition support
- Subsidized meals
- Employer-paid trip reduction expenses
- Tax-advantaged accounts (FSA, HSA)
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, the works
- Liberal time away to rest & recharge
- Family-friendly options like day care subsidy, paid parental leave, adoption assistance and fertility coverage
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Benefits fairs, flu shots, wellness perks
- Tax-advantaged accounts (FSA, HSA)
- Company-wide celebrations and events: TechFest, Town Halls, picnics, holiday parties
- Team kudos and peer recognition programs
- Empower by GoDaddy matches charitable grants and offers volunteer opportunities
- Team-building and professional development
Company Core Values
- Ideas thrive here - You can’t change the world by playing it safe. We embrace innovative thinking and the big ideas it creates, and we celebrate when ideas become a reality.
- Pull together - Our collaborative focus transforms individual ideas and strengths into collective action and solutions. We don’t do silos, and small teams have the resources to tackle big problems.
- Your potential is boundless - With ample opportunity to learn, stretch and contribute, anyone in any role can grow into a better professional, colleague and person.
- We love to have a good time - We enjoy a good hike or happy hour just as much as a successful product launch, which is why employees get every chance to live passionately outside the office.
- Diversity drives us - To change the world for the better, we need a team as diverse as the entrepreneurs we empower around the world.
- We’re customer-obsessed - Our customers are creative people doing amazing things, and that inspires us every day. We do our best work because we know it impacts the success of entrepreneurs everywhere.