Staff Data Scientist
Ads Experimentation Analytics
Posted on 3/4/2023
Remote • United States
- Master's or PhD degree in a quantitative major (e.g., mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, computer science)
- 4 years of experience with experimentation, preferably for a consumer-facing service/app
- 6+ years of experience in quantitative/modeling roles
- Proficiency with statistical analysis and programming languages (Python, SQL)
- Understanding of experimentation and causal inference techniques
- Experience with digital advertising is preferred, but not required
- Elevate the experimentation practice for the Ads org by creating the right processes, templates and tools catered for ads use cases
- Lead an experimentation council that can approve/guide experiment designs for various product launches
- Explore new experiment designs/techniques such as budget split experiments, switchback testing, small sample enhancements, Bayesian approaches, causal inference methodologies, dosage response studies, staggered experiments etc and apply them successfully for complex experiments on the ads side of the business
- Liaise with the centralized experimentation team in building platform features to accelerate ads experimentation
- Guide various ads product teams in understanding network effects and novelty effects when running experiments
- Track and own the experiment calendar for the ads org. Run weekly experiment review discussions
- Create frameworks for making metric trade-off decisions, especially when they span multiple organizations (e.g. ads vs consumer metric tradeoffs)
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.