Be part of an exciting, well-funded startup changing the world of retail. RADAR’s mission is to revolutionize customer experience in retail through precise identification of inventory in the stores and distribution centers, completely transforming the in-store experience for employees and customers alike. RADAR’s proprietary hardware and software platform combines RFID, Computer Vision and AI to provide hyper-precise, real-time location of every product and person in physical stores. This unprecedented capability enables retailers to automate in-store inventory management, analytics, and checkout...and this is just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish together.
About the Job
We are looking for Data Scientists to help grow our research and data analysis capabilities at RADAR. The role requires extensive collaboration with teams and functions across the company ranging from product and customer success to engineering and research.
- Assist with data modeling and algorithm development efforts across various functions at the company.
- Work alongside the research team on our RFID-based positioning algorithms.
- Design and develop RADAR’s analytics offerings.
- Design and run experiments / simulations from the ground up to help improve our core technologies.
- Perform deep dives into existing datasets and systems in order to uncover and resolve underlying issues.
- Establish and extend best practices for data science and research.
- Promote and maintain a high standard of scientific and statistical rigor.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, or a Bachelor’s degree and equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience working in a data science role.
- Strong proficiency in Python and standard data science tools / packages (NumPy, Pandas, Jupyter, etc.).
- Solid foundational understanding in statistics, probability and linear algebra.
- Experience with both traditional machine learning and modern deep learning techniques.
- Experience conducting experiments with minimal guidance from hypothesis generation and data gathering to analysis and result presentation.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills.
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or similar quantitative field.
- Experience working with real-time data streams and large-scale data warehouses.
- Experience working with wireless systems (RF, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc.).
- Experience working on computer vision applications.
What We’re Looking For In Teammates
Technology like what we’re building doesn’t happen on its own. It is the result of a collaborative environment and the hard work of passionate, dedicated individuals working intelligently towards a common goal. We are looking for exceptional people to join our growing team and have a positive impact on our culture, technology, and product from day one. We deeply value humility, curiosity, and a positive attitude and you should as well. You should also believe that mutual respect is the foundation of any healthy and productive relationship. You should be unafraid to ask questions or challenge responses no matter how simple or complex. Most importantly, you should value honest and direct communication as you recognize that this is the best way for any individual or team to continuously learn and grow. Accomplishing our collective goals will be fun but it will also be hard; you should be in pursuit of an ongoing and rewarding challenge!
What It’s Like To Work With Us
We’re passionate about the technology we’ve created and what we’re building, but we know that changing any industry and creating a successful company will take balance, maturity, and a sustained effort. We’ve combined retail industry expertise, amazing engineers with experience shipping real-world hardware and software solutions, and a team of brilliant minds who are not afraid to focus on solving “impossible” problems. But this passion doesn’t mean we live unbalanced lives. We have families and passions outside of work, and we know that the best work comes from sharp, rested people. We respect each other and each of our contributions, and we believe that the best solutions will come from a diversity of ideas and perspectives.
Finally, we build our products with deep empathy for the people who will use them every day. Their input and insights are our clearest guide to building what they need; we respect our partners and clients, and listen closely to their feedback.