Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Factory Design & Industrial Engineering
Posted on 6/24/2022
Normal, IL, USA
- S. in Mechanical / Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Research, or equivalent
- 5+ years of manufacturing or relevant experience (new line launches a plus)
- Experience with capacity planning and discrete event simulation software (i.e. FlexSiM, AnyLogic)
- Experience with factory layout, equipment or process planning
- Experience with data analytics, visualization, and programming languages a plus
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time during critical launch phase
- Own the manufacturing capacity roadmap and forecast for an area(s)
- Design the overall process flow and conceptual layout for the factory
- Define capacity and cost metrics for existing and future manufacturing areas
- Lead the framework to capture and forecast capital or operational expenditures against long range plan
- Conduct trade-off analyses to drive key manufacturing business decisions
- Quantify impact of product design and mix on throughput, performance, and utilization
- Build static and dynamic models to determine line design targets and requirements. Run what-if scenarios and optimization experiments
- Develop standard library of assumptions for availability, performance, and quality based on empirical data and industry standards
- Identify bottlenecks and provide data driven insights on key loss contributors to enable faster production ramp
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team