FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FreshBookers are found all over the globe, and we know that different folks thrive in different working environments: Remote, onsite, and everything in between, you’ll find it with us.
The Opportunity - Support Specialist
You will be joining our award-winning Support team of 90+ incredible and motivated individuals whose passion it is to dig deep into issues and exceed the expectations of our customers. We go above and beyond to deliver the best possible customer experience every time.
You will be working a position that is primarily phone-support focused. You will be working remotely in one of our full time shifts from 9 - 5 pm PST. The shifts options we have available are Wed - Sun,Thurs - Mon or Sat - Wed.
For the first few months, you will be training between Mon - Fri, 9 - 5 pm EST, then you will gradually transition to your assigned schedule.
What You’ll Do as a Support Specialist
- Go to great lengths to help customers find solutions. Some of our most common customer inquiries are: how to get started with FreshBooks, troubleshooting & set-up of online payments and billing-related issues.
- Execute Extraordinary Experiences Everyday (4E), so every customer leaves feeling valued and taken care of.
- Provide 4E service through our various support channels (Phones, Emails, Social, & Chat). This includes answering questions about the product, helping customers with product workflows, and investigating issues.
- Phone support: 70% of schedule*
- Email and other channel support: 25% of schedule*
- Other duties: 5% of schedule*
(*Subject to variance due to seasonal load. Not inclusive of scheduled breaks.)
- Empathize with small business owners who use FreshBooks, and communicate complex messages in an accessible, professional, and friendly manner
- Understand the main features of our application and keep up to date with product changes and enhancements
- Identify potential bugs and product enhancements through customer feedback and relay information appropriately to our Product and Development teams
- Understand our internal tools and resources, and how best to utilize them when troubleshooting complex issues
- Work collaboratively with our third-party integration partners
- Maintain the integrity of Support’s best practices
- Meet and exceed performance and quality metrics as defined in skills matrix
- Understand the fundamentals of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and how they apply to our platform
What You’ll Bring to the Role
- Problem Solving skills: you use your expert troubleshooting abilities to get to the bottom of issues. You are resourceful, curious and are okay living in the grey zone while you work to solve problems.
- Excellent Communication: you are able to craft messages that are accurate, clear and concise. We don’t follow scripts here so you will lean on your expert communication skills to connect with customers and deliver extraordinary experiences. Phones are a big part of this role so you should enjoy communication on the phone.
- Empathy: you care about other humans and are able to put yourself into the shoes of the owners who use FreshBooks, which drives you to take big steps towards finding a solution for each one of our users.
- Endurance & Resilience: you will energetically engage with ~25 customers daily, each with their own needs and feelings – and you can do it all with a smile!
- Internet Expertise: you know the interwebs and its many applications. Don’t worry – we will train you on the nitty gritty.
- Love for Learning: you don’t need to be an Accountant, we will train you on what you need to know, but you enjoy learning new things and are ok with diving into the unknown.
Please note, for remote positions it is expected that you have the below internet specifications (at a minimum) in order to support the systems required for your role:
- Stable Internet service provider (ISP)
- Router with wired connection (ethernet)
- Internet speed: Minimum download speed of 12 MB and upload speed of 10 MB
Our Commitments to You
At FreshBooks each person knows their opinion is valued, and can see their impact on the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. Accelerate your career, work on projects you’re passionate about, and work as a part of a collaborative team without ego! Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognises and rewards our employees:
- 🩺 Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits - Including retirement savings programs matched to your local office, stock options for every full time employee, generous time off, parental leave and new parent support, annual healthy living credit, comprehensive medical and dental benefits dependent on your region, and more.
- 📚 Perks that Matter - Including a Peer Recognition Program, an Employee Assistance Program, headphone credit, meaningful in-person gatherings to bring onsite and remote employees together, and more perks matched to your locale.
- 🌱 Working Environments to Help You Thrive - Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Canada and Mexico, and remote FreshBookers receive a home office credit to set up your home office.
- 🤗 Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders - We care about each other across the organization and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging, and believes in collective impact.
- 🚀 Accelerated growth - 3 week dedicated company onboarding, career development through continuous coaching, training, and learning on the job, and a bi-annual review process.
Even if your experience doesn’t meet every bullet on the above lists, we’d love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or [email protected]