Volatility Automation Focus
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • Chicago, IL, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- 3+ years of experience developing performant, scalable applications in modern C++14 and beyond
- Experience developing trading engines and/or a demonstrated passion for financial markets
- Experience using data to drive decision making
- Significant experience with distributed systems, data structures and algorithms
- Solid understanding of multi-threaded/multi-core programming paradigms
- Ability to identify, discuss and implement low level performance optimization in C++ applications
- Highly collaborative in nature, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent
- Experience with python for simple data analysis and development tooling
- A basic working knowledge of SQL a plus
- Lead in the design, implementation and deployment of strategies and applications using modern C++ technologies
- Bring deep technical knowledge in areas such as distributed systems, trading systems and performance analysis
- Help to translate mathematical models from researchers and trading into high performance production applications
- Balance the trade-offs between low latency strategies and high precision option pricing models
- Help to identify and act on signals in trading markets that impact option pricing
- Have leadership opportunities across both project and team management
- Build software using Agile methodologies and modern software best practices
- Work directly with traders and researchers to create and enhance high performance, low latency trading strategies
Trading firm specializing in derivatives market-making
Akuna Capital is a proprietary trading firm specializing in derivatives market making and sophisticated modeling with a commitment to cutting-edge technology.
- Generous Paid Leave Policies - Vacation leave starting at 20 days per year that increases based on tenure, flexible sick leave, primary carer’s leave starting at 12 weeks, and volunteer time off.
- Medical & Retirement Packages - 100% coverage of monthly premiums for employees enrolled in Akuna’s BlueCross BlueShield offerings and dental and vision plans, as well as a 401(k) plan with company match.
- Wellness & Inclusion - Our employees have access to complimentary fitness and mindfulness events both in-person and virtually, as well as an in-building gym in our Chicago office. Additionally, our employee-led Culture Committee works together to continue building a healthy, positive, and inclusive work environment.
- Continuing Education - We are proud to offer firm-wide classes through our Akuna U program, access to webinars, digital books, and case studies via Safari, opportunities to attend conferences, and tuition reimbursements to make sure you keep learning!
- Social Events - We host happy hours, team outings and poker nights, sponsor a variety of employee-led clubs and sports teams, and offer volunteer opportunities to all employees.
- Kitchen & Games Room - Catch up over a coffee made to order by our in-house barista and grab a bite to eat in our stocked kitchen, or challenge a fellow coworker to a friendly ping pong match in our games room!
- Referral Bonuses - We want to reward you for helping us grow our awesome, hard-working team.
Company Core Values
- Rapid innovation through new technologies
- Collaborative flow of knowledge
- A thirst for individual growth and opportunity