Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline OR 2+ years of experience in software development
- Development experience in C, C++, python, or mobile development languages
- Developed, debugged and deployed software that has been used in real world applications/projects
- Creative approach to problem solving, exceptional analytical skills and engineering fundamentals
- Solid fundamental knowledge of networks, electronics, math, and physics
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization, and unit testing
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Experience with networking protocols (UDP, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Experience in C++ for high performance systems
- Experience with security issues associated with distributed systems and internet services
- Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, deployment & continuous monitoring
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Develop highly reliable and available software systems for our low latency, high capacity satellite-based global software defined network
- Design and implement highly available, fault-tolerant network that operates for long periods of time with minimal maintenance at scale
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews
- Develop prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints
- Collaborate with other engineers to plan and organize the development of our products
- Write high quality Linux based software for common processors and microcontrollers (e.g. ARM, PowerPC, x86, etc.)
- Invent new tools that enable more frequent and reliable software deployment, test execution, and data analysis as part of a continuous integration and release system
- Develop tools that allow for test execution across multiple environments: virtualized hardware, real hardware-in-the-loop simulations, and on-orbit testing
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.