Senior Director of UX Design
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Dorchester, Boston, MA, USA
- 10+ years of experience in UX design, with at least 5+ years leading other designers
- Strong knowledge of UX design principles, methodologies, and best practices
- Proven track record of delivering successful, innovative, and highly usable products with excellent design sensibility
- Experienced in human-centered design and designing with emotion and empathy
- Experience leading design teams, including hiring, mentoring, and performance management
- Experience conducting user research, usability testing, and design validation
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally and build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Strong bias for action and highly resourceful
- High bar for quality, able to inspire those around you to do their best work
- Define and direct the UX vision, strategy, and roadmap across WHOOP products
- Partner with the Head of Visual Design to bring delightful and useful user experiences to life
- Work closely with leadership across product, engineering, marketing, and data science to ensure that UX design aligns with business goals
- Lead the design team in conducting user research, usability testing, and design validation to inform product development and drive continuous improvement
- Develop and maintain design systems and standards to ensure product consistency and quality
- Manage the design team, including hiring, mentoring, and performance management
- Collaborate with product management to identify and prioritize product features that enhance the user experience
- Work with engineering teams to ensure that design requirements are met, and high-quality designs are delivered on time
- Ensure that designs are accessible, and comply with relevant industry standards and regulations
- Manage and allocate design resources to optimize design output and efficiency
- Make strategic design and user experience decisions related to the core functions and new features
Wearable performance & optimization technology
Whoop’s mission is to unlock human performance though tapping into every individual owner's potential which can be enhanced through continuous monitoring. The company has built a system across hardware, software, and analytics designed to collect and analyze the most important data on the human data.
- Take Time Off: Time outside of the office is important for sleep, strain and recovery! Our PTO plan encourages members to take time off in order to come back refreshed.
- Live a Healthy Lifestyle: Our competitive benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their dependents. Life and disability insurance are also available.
- Feel Invested: In addition to a competitive base salary and 401k, you're eligible to receive stock options to share in the future of WHOOP. Work means more when you have personal stake. You have ownership in what we are building.
- Eat Well: Keep hunger at bay with endless snacks in our fully stocked kitchen. Enjoy catered team lunches on Friday, and even a cold brew keg.
- Know The Product: We want you to understand and experience the product firsthand. We offer you a WHOOP strap and membership at no cost.
- Be Active: Take advantage of our office gym and on-site showers! WHOOP also offers a $500 yearly wellness perk for fitness classes and memberships.
- Be Present: It’s important to be present when bringing home a new family member. Take care of your loved ones with 12 weeks paid parental leave, plus an additional 2 weeks to gradually return to work.
- Love Where You Work: Sitting in the heart of Fenway, our beautiful office overlooks Fenway Park. A prime location for great food, not to mention catching a Sox game, too!
- Work Hard, Play Harder: If we don't already have a club here that fits your lifestyle and interests, you're encouraged to start one. Share your passions with others at work, or discover new ones!
Company Core Values
- Unlock Human Performance
- High Intensity & High Humility
- Research & Design
- Uncomfortable Pace
- Transparent & Loyal