Workers' Compensation & Leave of Absence
Posted on 2/27/2023
Normal, IL, USA
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Worker's Compensation, Leave of Absence, and Accommodations development in a manufacturing environment
- Customer service-oriented with an empathetic mindset
- Proficient PC skills including proficiency at an intermediate to advanced level in Excel, Word, and Outlook, with high attention to detail
- Capable of running robust data analysis and able to effectively derive the right conclusions
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively across and at all levels of the organization
- Strong knowledge of California & Illinois employment laws
- Ability to work in a dynamic role with a strong eagerness towards learning and adaptative toward change
- Oversee a team dedicated to workers' compensation and leave of absence
- Build out the accommodation process and end-to-end logistics
- Develop and foster vendor relationships ranging from onsite at the plant to supporting broker partners
- Create new operational opportunities in return to work including a transitional work program
- Oversee policy design, creation, renewal management, and budget planning of all worker's compensation and disability plans
- Manage self-insured workers' compensation & disability policies
- Establish partnerships with local healthcare networks and create operational synergy to better the employee experience
- Link together data from workers' compensation, injury prevention, disability, and leave of absence in driving toward data-informed recommended changes
- Observe trends proactively and inject prior experience under a new environment to make predictive assessments
- Review and partner with stakeholders on the process of claims and investigations
- Serve as a trusted liaison between EHS, Benefits, Wellness, and People Partner teams
- Drive towards data efficiencies with integration of claims case database
- Support return to work operations and documentation management for workers' compensation, leave of absence, ADA and OSHA record-keeping
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team