We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor’s global cruise business includes Cruise Critic, the world’s largest cruise reviews and information site, offering a comprehensive resource for cruise travelers which covers audiences from first-time cruisers to avid cruise enthusiasts. Cruise Critic features more than 350,000 cruise reviews and hosts the world’s largest online cruise community.
What you’ll do
In this role you will work closely with the Senior SEO Specialist to optimize Cruise Critic’s Organic presence, including technical site optimizations in addition to on-page content work and reporting out on subsequent performance. The SEO Specialist position requires a fundamental understanding of Web and digital marketing, as well as problem solving skills, and the ability to turn performance metrics into actions. The ideal candidate will be able to collaborate on sitewide strategic SEO initiatives as well as dive headfirst into technical response code reports requiring link updates across content on our site.
- Driving Organic traffic growth across all 3 POS (US, UK, AU), ensuring Cruise Critic is the #1 website for all things cruise-related
- Increasing site engagement and repeat visitor rates
- Collaborating with the Senior SEO Specialist and Cruise Critic Editorial team to provide high quality and accessible content for cruisers of all variety
- Report out on OKRs and KPIs including but not limited to traffic metrics, keyword rankings, website health, itinerary/deal activity and engagement
- Supporting company-wide and channel specific initiatives
- Collaborate cross-functionally with partners in Product, Tech, Editorial, Marketing, Sales, and SEO to execute and iterate on campaigns to support traffic and revenue growth.
- Partner with engineering and product to implement SEO technology updates.
- Conduct competitive research and identify insights to optimize SEO performance.
- 3+ years of relevant SEO experience, preferably with 1-2 years of in-house experience.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge and maintains current SEO practices and digital marketing trends
- Experience/familiarity with SEO tools (SEMRush, Google Search Console, SEO PowerSuite, Analytics platforms link Google Analytics or Adobe)
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Experience with a CMS, editing and publishing content.
- An understanding of how site architecture and internal linking impacts SEO performance
- Familiarity with schema markup and implementing structured data
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a remote working environment
- Be a collaborative, cross-functional team player and comfortable partnering with variety of teams
- Polished communication skills; able to present SEO topics and strategies to other departments
- Strong attention to detail and can QA at scale
- Undergraduate degree
At Cruise Critic, we have built an open & collaborative environment and we hire the people we want to work with (not just the ones with the right qualifications), but who also think differently and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We choose speed over perfection, but not at the expense of quality. We do what we do well, but we’re always looking to make it better. Let us know if you’d like to help.
The salary range for this role is $60,000 to $80,000. This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. An employee’s pay position within the wage range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs. This compensation range may also be modified in the future.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at [email protected].