Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
By joining Axon’s Revenue Accounting Team, you will be part of a highly collaborative team which partners with Sales and Operations to ensure the monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue numbers are complete and accurate. You will join an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for you who share this passion. Come work with us in a dynamic environment in which you’ll use your passion, technical experience, and strong problem-solving skills. As a manager you will be responsible for the effective execution of the steps required to recognize revenue in accordance with ASC 606, for the leadership and development of staff whether or not they directly report to you, and for maintaining an energize and positive work environment.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the development and coordination of a best-in-class revenue accounting organization that will support the Company’s long-term growth strategy
- Develop and lead a consolidated monthly close process to support the timely preparation of accurate periodic financial statements
- Own the responsibility for the general execution of the 5 steps of revenue recognition as outlined in ASC 606
- Own the evaluation, analysis and conclusion of the technical accounting treatment for complex transactions and arrangements
- Lead, manage and develop talent in order to elevate the capabilities of the team
- Develop and maintain working relationship with cross functional leaders across the organization
- Own the revenue portion of the audit; extensive interaction with internal & external auditors is expected
- Articulate issues and recommendations in a crisp and concise manner to enable better decision-making
- Proactively monitor and operate a robust internal control environment in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and/or similar requirements
- Periodically review staff responsibilities and modify job functions to meet developing objectives
- Collaborate with other departments to support broader company initiatives
- Be agile, flexible and open to an ever changing and innovative environment
What You Bring
- Bachelor or higher degree in Financial Accounting; Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive experience in the accounting profession (public accounting experience preferred in addition to experience with a well-reputed public company)
- Knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles, SEC regulations, and the provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act with a focus on ASC 606 and revenue related items
- Minimum of three (3) years revenue recognition experience (software and multiple element arrangements)
- Experience at a management level required (experience leading large teams a plus)
- Strong knowledge of an Enterprise system applications (Microsoft Dynamics, RevStream, SAP, Oracle, Salesforce etc.)
- Multi-national experience in finance and operations is a plus
- Previous exposure to a start-up software type environment helpful
- Superb attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 90,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 160,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 120,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 210,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email [email protected]. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.