Head of Engineering
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • United States
Development Operations (DevOps)
- Have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Have 3+ years of experience as a software engineer, ideally at a fast growing startup
- Have 3+ years of experience as an engineering manager, ideally at a fast growing startup
- Have experience working with PMs/TPMs and translating product goals into engineering goals
- Have experience building and running a hiring pipeline for engineers
- Be ruthlessly pragmatic about what to build and (just as importantly) what not to build
- Know how to write clean, testable, and maintainable code and ensure that the team does the same
- Have a strong working knowledge of our stack, as well as all of the following:
- Security & Secure Coding Practices
- Software Architecture
- Have broad technical knowledge and learn new topics quickly
- Be comfortable diving into the weeds of our business to inform what we build
- Be highly organized
- Thrive in fast-paced environments with a high degree of autonomy
- Be fluent in English, both verbal and written
Benefits administration software
Benepass’ mission is to help companies distribute meaningful benefits that support the personal and professional well-being of their team. The company’s platform helps employers give access to benefits to their employees for onboarding and offboarding while also providing payroll integration and tax compliance.
- Healthcare: We pay $430 per month toward your health insurance and fully cover dental and vision. You also get membership to OneMedical, Teladoc and Talkspace
- Flexible, autonomous work: We’re remote first so live where you’re most happy. We come together in-person as a team 3-4 times per year.
- Benepass perks: $500 to set up your home office, $100 per month for wellness, however you define it, $150 per month for home internet and cell phone, $150 per month for co-working
Company Core Values
- Empathetic: Listen and make others feel heard. Be respectful. No assholes
- Seek joy: Have fun! Celebrate wins big and small, personal and professional, team and individual.
- Set audacious goals: Disruption and innovation are hard by definition. We dream big and achieve big.
- Clarify purpose: State the obvious. Avoid assumptions. Ask the question.
- Write it down: Decisions are made when there is written agreement. Meeting artifacts are written.
- Take ownership: Not blame. Ownership is end-to-end, penny-for-penny. Mistakes happen, and they’re opportunities for growth.
- Serve people teams - and their employees. In that order.
- Bias toward action: Share work at 50%. Optimize reversible decision for speed.
- Obligation to dissent: Debate kindly. Assume good intent.