Techstars Crypto Boston powered by Algorand
Posted on 8/10/2022
Everett, MA, USA
Adobe After Effects
- A genuine passion for technology and startups, an entrepreneurial mindset, and an insatiable desire to always be learning
- 5+ years of experience in fast-paced environments with a focus on event planning, business operations, and/or project management
- Comfortable working in ambiguity but with high expectations
- Systems thinker with an eye for things that do not scale and the capability to design new processes and systems for implementation across programs
- Experience working in/with early-stage companies or other roles that demonstrate experience in above responsibilities
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- Initiative - Proactively create and/or follow through on new ideas and strategies; extraordinary ability for self-learning and learning by doing, with a demonstrated ability of learning from available documentation and quickly applying it with little direction
- Attention to Detail - Accomplish a task with a thorough and precise focus on every component of the project, no matter how small or time-consuming
- Communication skills - Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Interpersonal Skills - A high level of professionalism and ability to connect with others to build positive relationships and be a true team player while maintaining our “Founder First” mentality; strong emotional intelligence, active listening skills, and high level of empathy
- Multitasking - Move seamlessly between any number of prioritized tasks and functions while effectively managing time
- Forward Thinking - Can anticipate the needs and requests of multiple stakeholders as well as the implications and after effects of situations
- Work with the team to develop the program plan and own the overall responsibility for the successful execution of the accelerator program, including end of program celebrations and Demo Day
- Ensure the program is following best practices and executing upon outlined content and curriculum of the Techstars playbook
- Deliver the best possible accelerator experience to founders, mentors, partners, investors and other stakeholders
- Manage the logistics for the program calendar, mentor schedules, investor meetups, demo day and ensure the founders, mentors, speakers, partners, and investors are fully informed about all program-facing activities
- Manage the logistics of the application, screening, and onboarding process
- Implement network events/programs to support founders and alumni both during program and outside of program
- Support relationship management with the Accelerator Corporate Partner and Techstars' Global Network Partners
- Recruit, hire and manage the seasonal Associate team
- Develop relationships with entrepreneurial support organizations, the Techstars perk network, and the cross Techstars network that can support our founders
- Share new best practices with the Techstars team globally as you identify areas for innovation and improvement
- Represent Techstars in the local community and ecosystem
- As time permits, and as experience grows, help source and evaluate potential investments related to the program themes, including market research, competitive analysis, investment memo development
- Support the development of a strong pipeline of startups with diverse and underrepresented founders
- Advanced skills with Excel or Google Sheets, Docs, and Slides is a plus
Seed-stage startup accelerator
Techstars believes entrepreneurs can change the world, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere.
- We Always #GiveFirst - Offer support to others without an expectation of anything in return.
- Do What's Right for Founders - Always keep the interest of our core customer in mind: the entrepreneur.
- Quality Before Quantity - Focus on growth, but only if we scale the quality of the work.
- Network Over Hierarchy - Value remote decision making over centralized processes.