Posted on 9/22/2022
Remote in USA
Google Cloud Platform
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, or related quantitative field (business analytics, social sciences, health economics, public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, computer science)
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on analytical product development in a business context, particularly with government-related data
- Demonstrated expertise identifying the attributes or factors for modeling, preparing data and relevant metrics, applying statistical modeling methods, validating model results, and preparing summary reports and/or interpretative results of findings
- Experience with data engineering using SQL queries, Spark, and/or python and to extract and transform large volumes of data into a format suitable for analysis
- Knowledge of machine learning, data mining, text analytics, deep learning, and/or predictive modeling techniques and their appropriate use
- Expertise in the use of statistical software including SAS, Python, R, and/or Scala to manipulate and analyze data and to build analytical models
- Experience building data visualizations using Tableau, QuickSight, Python, SAS, R, or similar software, and presenting results / data for stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to maintain quality control for one's own work or the work of others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams and interacting with clients
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to coordinate analytic work and support the work of other data scientists
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. This role may require the hired candidate to go through public clearance. A minimum of 3 years of stay in the U.S. within the last 5 years is a must to be eligible to qualify for public trust clearance sponsorship
- Engage as a consultant advisor to public sector stakeholders on their business problems and provide technical guidance
- Determine the nature of analytic problems and requirements, lead analytical research planning, evaluate methods and approaches, and offer recommendations for resolution
- Apply statistical programming to prepare data, conduct modeling and data mining, and develop visualizations and reporting
- Design and develop analytic processing and reporting applications and solutions to address business problems
- Design and develop prototype and pilot solutions for machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions
- Create data dissemination mechanisms /procedures that summarize data in an easy to understand displays and reports and/or otherwise communicate methods and findings
- Provide technical support to other data scientists in use of statistical methods and software
- Knowledge and experience with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS); Medicare, Medicaid, and other public health insurance programs; and administrative or health insurance claims data
- Experience using cloud-based services and resources (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google cloud) and distributed data and computing tools: Snowflake, Data Bricks, Spark, Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, MySQL, etc
- Experience with ML Operations tools (e.g., MLFlow, Kubeflow, SageMaker, etc.)
- Knowledge of software design and experience developing (programming) and deploying analytical applications or processing systems
- Experience designing and creating data models and architectures
- Knowledge of working in a team-based agile work environment with certification in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or the capacity to obtain certification
- Excellent communication skills and an effective technical writer with the ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way
Digital services firm
Softrams' mission is to grow and continue to be a leading consulting and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package by providing options for medical, dental, and vision insurance. We also offer 100% company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance and life insurance for the employee along with optional spousal and child life insurance.
- We offer a generous 401k program with matching employer contributions of up to 5%. Employees become fully vested 30 days after their start date.
- Everyone needs time to recharge and unwind which is why we provide an annual 15-day vacation and 5-day sick leave. We also provide additional maternity and parental leave, as well as bereavement leave.
- We are proud to share our in-house training application which provides unlimited access to training programs (AWS, Azure, SAFe etc). We offer rewards for completion of certificates and host internal brown bag sessions to ensure an environment of continuous learning. We have also launched a new “Yearn to Learn” initiative which provides recommended courses and certifications along with opportunities and incentives based on current role and future aspirations.
- We provide your choice of laptop – MacBook Pro or PC, along with any additional software you may need for your job. Our offices provide ergonomic desks with adjustable height powered by push button operation, with USB plugins conveniently mounted right at their desk (SmartDesk). Additionally, our offices have all new Zoom Rooms installed in each conference room to ensure quality communication and collaboration in a seamless and integrated manner.
- We have partnered with Teaching for Good to provide free virtual training and mentoring for anyone interested in enhancing their career or would like to acquire new competencies. We also hope to create the skills of our future workforce.
- The pandemic has shifted how companies engage with their employees. In addition to the annual company event, we have created new virtual events such as Virtual Birthday Cake Cutting, Trivia, Bingo and many more to emphasize we are one team.
Company Core Values
- Stand United: The current climate of divisive politics and ideologies reminds us of the importance of unifying values. At Softrams, we believe in equity and justice for all which makes us proud of our diversity.
- Provide Value: We take pride in our work and strive to provide exceptional digital services that are achieved through in-depth research, avant-garde creativity, and tenacious execution.
- Transform Digital Landscape: With our client partnerships, we aim to make a difference in how technology shapes our world. We co-create new possibilities for how work is managed.