Sr. Treasury Analyst
Updated on 12/7/2023
Subscription streaming entertainment service
Netflix's mission is to entertain the world. The company operates a streaming platform for movies & TV shows and has over 222 million subscribers globally.
Los Gatos, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 1%
1 year growth↑ 3%
2 year growth↑ 7%
Los Gatos, CA, USA
Finance & Banking
- 5+ years experience in corporate treasury, or related experience in banking or fintech
- Bachelor’s/Master's in business, finance, mathematics, or related discipline
- Familiarity with statistical language & BI software
- Keen interest in global markets and different asset classes
- Ability to apply accounting concepts around day-to-day tasks
- Experience maintaining and developing models and large datasets
- Meticulous approach to problem-solving while possessing strong analytical, decision-making, and communication skills
- Collaborate closely with the extended Treasury Team, Financial Planning & Analysis, Production Finance, Technical Accounting, IT Operations, Data Science & Engineering, Tax, and Legal teams to generate accurate forecasting data & associated analytics.
- Develop and prepare FX management reports and hedging performance metrics, providing key stakeholders across Netflix with valuable insights.
- Prepare trades in accordance with our hedge strategies and ensure completion of trade workflow. Ability to grow into trade execution.
- Develop and maintain internal models to assess the cost of execution, VaR (Value at Risk), and the impact of different hedging strategies and instruments.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of Netflix's various foreign currency revenue and expense streams and their implications on free cash flow, the income statement, and the balance sheet.
- Conduct rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis of global financial markets and trends concerning our FX and interest rate exposure.
- Support additional Treasury projects and provide thought leadership backed by analysis. Cross-train on your areas of expertise.
- Liaise with the Accounting team to perform month and quarter-end close activities related to foreign exchange.
- Ensure compliance activities are performed according to Netflix’s policies and internal control environment; support internal and external audits.
- CFA or similar certification
- Experience/theoretical understanding of derivatives and corporate finance principles
- Prior experience using Bloomberg and some familiarity of trade execution platforms
- Basic familiarity with Hedge accounting (ASC-815)