Sr. IT Linux Systems Administrator
Top Secret Clearance
Posted on 3/15/2023
West Athens, CA, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 6+ years of professional experience building, deploying and troubleshooting IT systems
- Experience supporting Linux systems and core Linux services
- DoD approved 8570 baseline certification (IAT Level II minimum)
- Active Top Secret or TS/SCI security clearance
- Associate or bachelor's degree in a technical field
- LPI, RHCSA, RHCE, or other technical certifications
- Experience with a scripting language (Bash, Python, etc.) to automate and solve reoccurring tasks
- Comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities
- Ability to address and resolve information technology issues promptly, effectively, and independently
- Motivated self-starter personality and ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with hardware (i.e. racking, troubleshooting, swapping components)
- Active Top Secret or TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Active Top Secret or TS/SCI with Polygraph. Note that an active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends when needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Provide 1st and 2nd tier Linux support to SpaceX employees across proprietary systems
- Install and configure Linux-based computers and other common technology/devices for new and existing SpaceX employees
- Provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary to perform high-risk or planned downtime of SpaceX IT systems for upgrades and maintenance
- Write instructional documentation and convey highly technical ideas in non-technical terms
- Perform security hardening of systems using DISA STIG's and other best practice security guidelines
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.