, United Kingdom
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↓ -1%
2 year growth↓ -10%
- JD/law degree and bar admission in the US
- 8+ years relevant experience
- In-house FinTech experience a bonus
- Class actions experience is a major plus
- Proven high-performing legal experience in an in-house environment
- Strong analytical and strategic skills
- Advise on and manage all litigation matters impacting Blockchain.com
- Directly support smaller claims and arbitrations and supervise outside counsel on larger litigation matters
- Advise on employment legal issues globally
- Partner closely with internal teams to proactively address and resolve potential disputes
- Proactively identify, analyze, and mitigate legal risks
- Engage outside counsel relationships as necessary
- In-house legal experience focusing on litigation as well as employment legal and HR project experience
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to build the processes and systems to prevent them from occurring
Blockchain.com is the world’s leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an outstanding attorney to join our fast-growing team as Senior Counsel, Litigation & Employment. You will be part of the broader Legal department and have responsibility for all legal matters as they pertain to litigation and employment. This includes overseeing all litigation matters impacting Blockchain.com and providing legal support to the People Team (on a variety of employee-related issues). If you have experience in a busy, fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to join a growing, international legal team at a successful company with a startup feel, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Advise on and manage all litigation (including pre-litigation) matters that affect Blockchain.com.
- Directly support smaller claims and arbitrations and supervise outside counsel on any larger litigation matters.
- Manage escalated matters related to international law enforcement requests and pre-litigation complaints.
- Advise on employment legal issues globally on a broad range of people-related issues including: recruiting; hiring; employee relations; discipline and terminations; internal investigations; leaves of absence; discrimination and harassment issues; global mobility issues; contingent worker issues; employee privacy issues; compensation, benefits, bonus and equity awards; employment litigation; negotiated exits and settlements.
- Partnering closely with internal teams, including other parts of the Legal team, Risk & Compliance, as well as internal business partners to proactively address and resolve potential disputes in line with business objectives.
- Proactively identify, analyze, and mitigate legal risks.
- Engage outside counsel relationships as necessary.
- JD/law degree and bar admission in the US.
- 8+ years relevant experience - ideally, we’re looking for a combination of in-house legal experience focusing on litigation as well as employment legal and HR project experience, but we’ll consider you if you have at least one of these two requirements;
- In-house FinTech experience a bonus.
- Class actions experience is also a major plus.
- Proven high-performing legal experience in an in-house environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical, business-friendly advice to clients.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills; ability to drive issues to a quick resolution that factors in many non-legal variables, such as brand-risk, communications, government relations, tax, insurance, finance and other business units.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to build the processes and systems to prevent them from occurring.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office location in the heart of Miami
- Work from Anywhere policies
US Pay Transparency Notice: At Blockchain.com, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. For individuals performing work in the United States, the target annual salary for this position can range from $220,000 to $310,000, and your actual pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location, as well as internal equity and market data.
We also offer benefits that include medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, paid parental leave, flexible paid time off. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses, and full-time employees will receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Note: Blockchain.com benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
Blockchain.com is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, and apprenticeship. Blockchain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business need at the time.