Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
New York, NY, USA
Adobe After Effects
- 10+ years of experience working in design, with at least 5 years experience in cross-functional team management
- Proven experience in developing digital and multimedia brands, and a deep understanding of all aspects of brand identity, including typography, iconography, illustration, photography, motion design language and messaging
- Experience creating materials for sales and marketing teams
- Knowledge of design principles relative to UX
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly convey design direction and concepts
- Ability to anticipate and lead a design evolution that will enable Morning Brew's growth amidst rapid change
- Exceptional design and art direction background
- Respectful Candor: We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment
- Empathy: We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other
- Inclusivity: We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences
- Establish creative direction and high-level guidance for all editorial products across the organization
- Create and maintain a company style guide, a set of company-wise design principles, and our own custom design library
- Manage and optimize the visual asset creation workflows, with an eye toward improved capacity and efficiency
- Directly manage the Design Team Art Director and support the team of graphic designers
- Drive a strategic roadmap of initiatives in collaboration with Design Infrastructure, Product, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing leadership
- Partner with the Director of Product Design to define the Morning Brew parent company digital design principles and how they translate into user experiences
- Work directly with the Creative Studio Associate Director of Art/Design to provide photo, production, and process support to the Branded Content
- Work with Multimedia team to ensure motion graphics support Morning Brew shows
- Project manage design and asset creation for experiential and educational initiatives
- Own the development and advancement of design resources and design thinking for the company at large
- Curiosity: We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues
- Accountability: We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences
- Bias Toward Action: We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges
- Challenger Mentality: We don't allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience
- Clarity of Purpose: We understand the “why" in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency
Business email newsletter
Morning Brew is a media company committed to helping the business leaders of tomorrow become smarter in minutes. They started with a single daily email newsletter and now produce a portfolio of podcasts, videos, events, and newsletters (naturally!) that we pinky-promise will inform and entertain.
- Unlimited sick and vacation time: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
- Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon — you decide.
- 401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
- Premium healthcare plans: Your health matters!
- Work from home stipends: Upgrade your home office on us.
- Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll pay for it.
- Curious - We strive to learn every day through constant questioning and exploration.
- Purposeful – We do everything with the highest level of thoughtfulness, preparation and focus.
- Empathetic - We are good, genuine people who embrace others' perspectives.
- Challengers - We approach every day with an underdog mentality and are never complacent.