Fall 2023 Business Operations Internship/Co-op
Updated on 5/19/2023
Remote • McGregor, TX, USA
- Must be enrolled in a bachelor's degree or graduate degree program, or within 6 months after graduation by the start of employment
- 3+ months experience in corporate and business functions (data analysis, finance, human resources, IT, government affairs, legal, and supply chain management is applicable)
- GPA of 3.5 or above
- Strong interpersonal skills (examples: leading a student organization or working successfully in teams)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work cross-functionally with different groups and teams
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
- Able to work full time, onsite for a minimum of 12 consecutive weeks beginning in August or September 2023
- Able to provide own transportation for positions at Brownsville, Cape Canaveral, and McGregor locations
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.