We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
Ads Measurement is a key team in the Ads Infrastructure organization. We build the big data platform that processes all the Coupang Ads data, which involves enrichment, aggregation, attribution, settlement, measurement and more.
We are looking for passionate backend software engineers to build large scale data processing systems that power our Ads business. Our mission is to design and build a scalable, extensible, and resilient data processing infrastructure that powers our Ads business with big data.
Let’s create a world in which customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” together!
What You Will Do
- Design and build large-scale data processing systems and infrastructure for Coupang Ads
- Understand Ads business logic and be able to translate it into distributed and efficient data processing models
- Contribute to the design and development of our next-generation data processing platform that can support our rapidly growing Ads business for the years to come
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer Engineering or electrical/electronic engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- 5+ years of solid work with fundamental algorithms, system design, and large distributed systems
- 5+ years of coding experience in one of the following: C++, Java, Scala
- Self-starter and innovator who likes to solve complex problems
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non- technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in multi-cultural, cross functional team
- Experience building highly scalable systems in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience with handling large data volumes in a distributed environment
- Ability and desire to drive solid design work on multi-threaded/multi-process, distributed system
- A passion to explore, improve, automate and optimize distributed systems and tools
- Ability to think outside-the-box and challenge conventional wisdom
- Experience with advertising systems/Search advertising/Advertising Marketplace/Display advertising/Ad Server
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon web services)
- Experience working in startups
- Experience with Search Indexing, Elasticsearch
- Experience with Spark/Cassandra/Hive/Kafka
Pay & Benefits
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
The base pay for this position ranges from $148,680/year in our lowest geographic market to $276,120/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
General Description of All Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- 18-21 days of the Paid Time Off (PTO) a year based on the tenure
- 12 Public Holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- MTV - [Free] Electric Car Charging Station
General Description of Other Compensation
“Other Compensation” includes, but is not limited to, bonuses, equity, or other forms of compensation that would be offered to the hired applicant in addition to their established salary range or wage scale.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunities for All
Coupang is an equal-opportunity employer. Our unprecedented success could not be possible without the valuable input of our globally diverse team.