As a Curricular Solution Architect you will be a member of Newsela’s Customer team, and will articulate bridges that connect Curriculum to Instruction by using Newsela’s engaging, authentic and differentiated content. You will build relationships with districts in your territory, each with distinct content and instructional needs. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Curricular Solutions, you will also work closely with the field sales team. You’ll apply your pedagogical expertise and consultative skills to architect curricular solutions that delight districts, teachers, and students by enabling engaging and aligned learning to take place in classrooms. You’ll also champion client needs, requests and untapped opportunities, as identified by Sales, Marketing, Content, and Product leadership teams; this role will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable systems that satisfy market demands by better meeting clients needs in less time. By habit, you rely on data, research and industry best practices to inform your day to day, and on your creativity and ingenuity to ensure the final output is delightful to our users.
Why you’ll love this role:
- You will engineer content opportunities of Newsela’s off-the-shelf products, custom content products, and curriculum design services
- You will expand Newsela’s Total Addressable Market by identifying strategic regional, state and district content priorities and needs
- You will identify and create synergies between existing content solutions and future opportunities
- You will identify specific district content opportunities such as RFPs and other key account specific work
- You will align content sales strategy with Newsela’s Product strategy
- You will create content investment business cases for prospective custom content opportunities
Why you’re a great fit:
- You have 3+ years of teaching experience
- You have an M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction or other related field
- You have experience designing quality instructional resources, preferably in a cross-curricular capacity across ELA, Social Studies and Science
- You have experience identifying instructional needs and building consensus on the just-right solution with multiple stakeholders
Base compensation range: $85,000 – $95,000. Total compensation for this role also includes variable, incentive stock options and benefits. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
Newsela takes authentic, real world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 3.3 million teachers and 40 million students have registered with Newsela for content that’s personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 15,000 texts on our platform and multiple new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul.
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself.
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes.
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.
Disclaimer: Please be aware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Newsela and other employers. Newsela does not use third party services for full time hires. Our recruiting emails will come from an @newsela.com email address. You can reach out to [email protected] if you have concerns about the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Newsela’s talent acquisition team. Newsela will never ask for financial or banking information from candidates, nor will you be asked for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with Newsela.