Senior Clinical Counsel
Updated on 12/1/2022
Remote in USA • New York, NY, USA
- Advising on all aspects of US healthcare laws and regulations, state laws, and trends
- Supporting clinical team to support product roll-outs
- Advising and assessing risk on federal or state regulatory matters related to Maven's products
- Serving as the primary contact to cross functional internal teams, including the clinical and operations teams
- Supporting our affiliated provider entities on matters related to licensure, credentialing, and reporting, as applicable
- Partner with clinical compliance team on requirements, audits, and regulatory matters
- Lead responses on provider matters, inclusive of internal investigations and external regulatory responses
- Experience with corporate practice of medicine and state scope of practice requirements
- A J.D. and admission to at least one state bar
- 7+ years of legal experience
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative mindset
- You're engaged and excited to help accelerate the growth of a dynamic, fast-paced company revolutionizing the healthcare landscape
- Strong analytical and problem-resolution skills with the ability to balance business needs with legal risks
- Ability to organize and present solutions to complex problems to a range of audiences
- Thoughtful about building processes to work smarter and with efficiency
- Not afraid of adhering to metrics, process improvement, and workflow management
- Experience working with high growth companies and start-ups
- Digital health or telehealth experience
- Law firm and in-house experience
- Google Docs, Asana, and slack familiarity
- Sense of humor
Maven Clinic's mission is to change the health of the world — one woman, one family at a time. They believe by improving care for women and families, they can build a more equitable healthcare system and a better world for all.
- Unlimited paid time off
- 14 weeks fully paid parental leave and return-to-work plan
- Market-based compensation and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision plans (100% covered options)
- Free membership with One Medical
- Free access to Maven, with credits for friends and family
- 401(k) match
- Paid month-long sabbatical after 5 years
Company Core Values
- Keep healthcare human - Meet people where they are with empathy and compassion.
- Walk through walls - Think big, set ambitious goals, and relentlessly pursue impact.
- Embrace a service mindset - Go the extra mile in support of our members, providers, clients, and each other.
- Lead with data - Follow the numbers to make good decisions, iterate, and track outcomes.
- Continuously learn, including about ourselves - Be humble and seek diverse perspectives.
- Move fast—better care can't wait - Demonstrate urgency to make an impact on behalf of families everywhere.