Posted on 12/7/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Embodies our EAGER values-is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable
- Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco 4 weeks per quarter
- Has 2+ years of direct people-management experience, ideally having managed senior engineers
- Has an ability to effectively set and communicate priorities for themselves and their team, with experience translating a high-level strategy/roadmap into an execution plan
- Is a strong judge of technical talent with a track record of attracting high-caliber talent to their teams
- Has 4+ years of experience shipping software in an engineering environment that has a high bar and at least 3 years of experience working on user-facing features
- Possesses domain expertise in one of our current client technologies (web front- or back-end, macOS, .NET, iOS, or Android). If you've been managing for a while, you should be managing a team whose members have strong domain expertise
- Has the desire to put themselves in the mindset of our users, with a user-centric view of what and how to build
- Is able to think long-term about organizational structure and process
- Empower the Intelligence Features Engineering team to deliver world-class product offerings that bring clear, effective, and mistake-free writing to all of our platforms
- Collaborate with engineers to drive the technical roadmap and ensure high technical quality on all features
- Help drive engineering-wide initiatives with other engineering leaders
- Coach and advocate for your team members and help them to advance in their careers
- Continue scaling a well-rounded, fast-paced team
AI-powered writing assistant
Grammarly is on a mission to improve lives by improving communication. The company operates a browser extension and app that corrects spelling & grammar.
- Free food
- Company Social Outings
- Work From Home Policy
- Unique Office Space
- Health & Wellness Package
- Paid Time Off
- 401K / Retirement Plan
Company Core Values
- Ethical: Be honorable and earn trust by doing the right thing even when no one is watching, every time.
- Adaptable: Embrace change to evolve and succeed, with a positive, problem-solving attitude.
- Gritty: Achieve with passion and perseverance for goals, by doing whatever it takes to get the job done, whenever it’s necessary.
- Empathetic: Treat others as they want to be treated to work well together, by actively listening to put yourself in their shoes and then responding accordingly.
- Remarkable: Always be learning to develop quickly and be exceptional yet humble, by continually seeking out mentors and learning opportunities.