Here at Rakuten Kobo Inc. we offer a casual working start-up environment and a group of friendly and talented individuals. Our employees rank us highly in terms of commitment to work/life balance. We realize that for our employees to be innovative, creative, and passionate they need to feel supported and valued.
If you’re looking for a company that inspires passion, personal, and professional growth – join Kobo and come help us make reading lives better.
Working closely with the Research Manager on their team, the Qualitative Analyst provides crucial support to their team to help implement and deliver client projects. The Qualitative Analyst has approximately 1-3 years experience in a research role and is responsible for contributing to strategic insights/research findings to their Research Manager. They can be relied on for project updates, recommendations on additional analysis required, working with other Kobo team members to develop solutions to any project related problems and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Supporting colleagues on all aspects of Kobo research projects’ lifecycle, methodology design and proposal, through questionnaire writing and fieldwork, to analysis, reporting and stakeholder presentations
- Contacting participants (email/telephone), scheduling, and other logistics for qualitative projects
- Reading, analyzing, and displaying data in PowerPoint report templates
- Performing secondary research to support primary research-based insights
- Crafting and deploying screener survey links for qualitative fielding
- Analyzing long/short answer questions from mini polls/forums with Kobo’s internal Panel
- Interest in moderating online and/or in person qualitative research
- Supporting/assisting the UX Design and Product teams in recruiting/scheduling participants for UX research
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- University Degree and/or Post-Graduate Certificate in a relevant field (Market Research, Business Insights, Marketing, or other)
- Proven English communication skills, both written and oral are required (French skills/ other languages are great as well)
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite are required
- Able to work within a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, while maintaining close attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Enjoys sharing ideas with others, naturally inquisitive and curious
- Knowledge of panel management practices to ensure health engagement metrics
- Flexible hours and work from home
- Talent and development training budget
- Free Kobo device + free weekly e-book or audiobook
- Frequent Lunch and Learns Author series
- Weekly Kobo Tech University sessions
- Weekly trivia happy hours (Thirsty Thursdays, as we like to call it)
About Rakuten Kobo Inc.
Owned by Tokyo-based Rakuten and headquartered in Toronto, Rakuten Kobo Inc. is one of the most advanced global ecommerce companies, with the world’s most innovative eReading services offering more than 6 million eBooks and audiobooks to 30 million + customers in 190 countries. Kobo delivers the best digital reading experience through creative innovation, award-winning eReaders, and top-ranking mobile apps. Kobo is a part of the Rakuten group of companies.
Rakuten Kobo Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations for candidates with disabilities participating in the selection process are available on request. Any information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Rakuten Kobo would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this role however only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.