RF Silicon Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Redmond, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or physics
- 1+ years of experience in software development in a high level language like C#, Python, or C++
- Master's degree or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or physics
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well within a fast-paced team
- Hands-on experience with radio-related test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, vector signal analyzers, vector signal generators, and network analyzers
- Experience with serial digital communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, JTAG, RFFE, software/hardware solutions to exercise these, and hands-on experience troubleshooting with oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
- Experience with Python, MATLAB or JMP for data analysis
- Experience with microcontrollers, FPGAs, and/or basic digital signal processing concepts
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills (both software and hardware)
- Experience designing, fabricating, and assembling quick-turn PCBs
- Experience with data management, analysis, and presentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistical concepts and techniques
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications and systems
- Experience with both Windows and Linux system usage/administration
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Design and build unique and technically-challenging automated measurement systems in ways that off-the-shelf equipment may not be capable of capturing. Often this involves creating both new hardware and software designs
- Bring up new silicon, often being the first engineer to power on chips for the very first time
- Develop tools and reusable libraries for instrument control, data collection and analysis of the radio subsystems
- Deeply understand measurement data to gain insight into both component and system performance
- Create fully-validated reference designs (both hardware and software drivers) for new silicon, and support integration into downstream areas such as phased-array panel bring-up, production, and flight software
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.