Hardware Test Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 1+ years of experience working on mechanical, fluid, or electrical systems (internships and project teams qualify)
- Familiarity with mechanical, fluid, and/or electrical engineering concepts
- Experience in a test focused role
- Experience in a product ownership role
- Experience working with mechanical, fluid, and electrical measurement devices
- Experience working with complex mechanical and/or electrical systems and the ability to read drawings and system schematics
- Mathematical, computer, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to work weekends and extended hours as needed
- Able to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces as needed
- Fill the role of instrumentation and test expert on the flight hardware development team
- Develop the detailed test plans and campaigns required to validate the flight hardware
- Assist with anomaly/failure investigations
- Develop requirements for new test systems needed to test and validate flight hardware
- Work with a cross-discipline team including electrical, mechanical, and software engineers to conceptualize and develop new test systems required to test and validate flight hardware
- Train personnel on the required processes and operations of complex test systems
- Ensure all testing is being conducted in compliance with all safety protocols, at all times
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.