Staff Electrical Test Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Irvine, CA, USA
- BS+ Electrical Engineering, Computer, Mechanical, Mechatronics, or Equivalent
- 10+ years of experience working in a product development or test environment
- Proficiency with lab equipment (oscilloscopes, DAQs, DMMs, function generators, power supplies, electronic loads etc.)
- High technical competence in several aspects of electrical engineering including component level hardware design, software controls development, wire harness design, EMC, signal integrity, system interoperability, and validation methods
- Documentation and reporting skills including project management tools like JIRA / Confluence
- Curiosity to dive deep into electrical, software, and mechanical issues using first principles to reach a solution
- Experience providing technical leadership that drives direction through multidisciplinary discussions
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Decompose requirements from product plans into testable functions
- Validate electrical system design against the requirements for all Rivian vehicles
- Develop Integration and Test Plans that will ensure electrical system functionality
- Develop test methods and procedures that will both stress the system and reveal any design weaknesses
- Perform test on bucks, lab cars, prototypes, and test vehicles using various test equipment or facilities to complete testing
- Determine the performance envelope of the vehicle electrical system to provide feedback to improve the design
- Support and lead cross-functional teams in the root cause investigations of vehicle electrical issues
- Share your testing knowledge and provide technical guidance to colleagues both in and around electrical group
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team