Metronome is building a new real-time source of truth for business data, starting with powering the software industry’s transition to usage-based business models.
Our platform computes millions of invoices per billing period and is scaling rapidly to accommodate new customers, saving them hours of development time and manual invoicing and enabling them to use consumption data to better serve their customers. Our customers love our product and approach, and we’re humbled to work with amazing companies like OpenAI, Cockroach Labs and mParticle.
You’ll be joining an experienced team that includes founders who have successfully built and sold startups before. Our founders and employees also have direct experience building and scaling teams through massive growth at companies like Dropbox, Clever, and New Relic. On the back of this experience and our success-to-date, we’ve raised over $35m from leading investors including Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Elad Gil. We’re also proud to have founders and executives of companies like Segment, Plaid, Looker, Gitlab, Confluent, HashiCorp, Snowflake, and Databricks as investors who have experienced the pain we’re solving firsthand.
About the Role
We are seeking a technical writer to lead our product documentation efforts in collaboration with our engineering and product management teams. This role offers high visibility and impact, as you will help shape our user experience and guide customers in adopting Metronome. You will be hands-on with the Metronome product, create new content, and improve existing documentation for our APIs, features, and integrations with business systems.
Please note: this is a 3 month contract to hire position. Please submit writing samples as related to the Technical Writing role via link or PDF below. Any applications without samples will not be considered.
- 4+ years of experience in product and technical writing, with samples of your work to share
- You can clearly communicate technical concepts and product capabilities to developers and non-developer audiences
- Highly organized and able to triage and prioritize numerous issues and projects
- Able to quickly iterate and improve
- Empathetic, collaborative, and curious
Examples of Tasks You Might Work On
- Document Metronome’s capabilities, including conceptual overviews, task-based guides, and tutorials
- Ensure consistency in the voice used throughout Metronome’s content
- Organize documentation in a cohesive manner to enable better flow and discovery
- Work alongside our development teams and other stakeholders to ensure expertise in content and accuracy in documentation
- Continually measure reader engagement and iterate to improve content focus and distribution
Impact You’ll Have
- Contribute to a better user experience and customer adoption
- The Metronome team is more well-rounded because you bring your unique personality to work and help create an inclusive fun environment focused on helping our customers get the most value out of Metronome
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage, including a One Medical membership
- FSA (Flexible spending account)
- Flexible time off
- Employee assistance program (mental health benefits)
- Culture where personal growth is highly valued
Metronome offers salaries that are highly competitive with other early stage Bay Area startups and significant equity compensation (we want you to feel like an owner). More importantly, we’re committed to equitable compensation practices across the board. If you’d like to learn more about our philosophy or about why we’re all billing nerds, shoot us a message. We’d love to talk!
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.