Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
As an engineering member on the team, you will make key design decisions that will shape our newest products. You will get to work on a platform that offers law enforcement administrators and crime analysts flexible access to key interview data.
Our Axon Interview product is growing rapidly and has tripled in sales over the past three years with a footprint in major, well known agencies. We’ve just won our largest ever Interview deal and we are looking for someone to help scale the platform to a quality Enterprise application. We need engineers who can take Axon Interview to the next level and make it scalable, reliable and secure! You will get to expand the product reach as we expand integration with other Axon products.
Axon has lead the global effort to protect life through electric weapons, body cameras, a number of real-time sensors, public safety software products and AI tools. Axon is uniquely positioned to tie together every aspect of an incident in order to help law enforcement agencies better prepare for what might happen, respond efficiently and effectively, deliver justice, ensure the well being of their officers, and increase the safety of their communities. Working together with our customers and product teams, you will build the foundation for Axon’s outcome-oriented data efforts.
What You’ll Do
Location: Onsite in Seattle, WA or Scottsdale, AZ OR Remote in the US or Canada
Reports to: Software Engineering Manager
- Participate in code reviews and architecture design meetings
- Own and drive end-to-end features in our .NET desktop windows application with the Product and Design teams
- Add new features to our existing parallelized video recording services
- Ensure that your code hits a high bar for quality and performance
- Partner with internal teams and agencies to make public safety data accessible and actionable
- Influence peers, advise senior leaders, coach and mentor junior team members
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration among engineers and contribute to the broader community of Axon engineers
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, OR graduate of coding boot camp OR 3+ years of relevant experience in related field
- You have experience building C# .net desktop applications at scale
- Highly technical with experience developing and maintaining end-to-end, high availability, high throughput web-scale data systems
- Experience using WPF for your desktop applications
- Experience with developer tool chains such as Git and Jira are a plus
- Demonstrated ability to make tough technical decisions based on requirements, constraints, and trade-offs
- Industry experience working with SQL data stores is a plus
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email [email protected]. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.