Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Raleigh, NC, USA • Garner, NC, USA
- Valid driver's license with good driving record
- High school or general equivalency degree
- One to two years experience in the construction industry preferred
- Experience with flatbed trailers and proper load securement techniques (chaining, strapping, etc.)
- Ability to follow directions and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours in order to respond to customer emergencies
- Ability to read, write legibly and communicate effective with co-workers, supervisors/managers and customers both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read blue prints or other layout and design documents
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate diesel powered hydraulic lifting equipment, i.e., forklifts, front-end loaders, telehandlers, etc
- Travel locally to mobilize/demobilize small pump systems on customer job sites. Ensures pipeline, pump equipment and accessories are installed according to specification
- Identify all items to be delivered or picked up with customer to ensure completeness and accuracy. Perform visual inspection of equipment being picked up and note any damage. Obtain customer's signature on appropriate paperwork
- Secure all items loaded on the truck for safe over-the-road travel in accordance with Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA), Federal Department of Transportation and local Department of Transportation guidelines
- Assist in securing load utilizing straps and chains
- Follow all safety processes and procedures and maintain a 'Safety First' approach when completing daily work tasks. Complete a Job Safety Assessment before beginning any job on a customer site. Ensure compliance with all Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- Work independently or as part of a crew to install and dismantle pumping systems and pipelines on customer job sites
- Review preliminary contracts to ensure all materials needed are identified and available. Update the sales staff should any materials change or the initial job set up changes
- Initiate site introductions with customer and Outside Sales personnel. Establish customer expectations and clarify customer support
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Innovative water solutions
Xylem helps consumers solve water. The company works to bring clean water, sanitation and hygiene education to schools and communities in emerging markets, and respond with water solutions when disaster strikes around the globe
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Company Core Values
- Respect: for each other, for diversity of people and opinions, for the environment
- Responsibility: for our words and actions, for customer satisfaction, for giving back to our communities
- Integrity: for acting ethically, for doing what we say we’ll do, for having the courage to communicate with candor
- Creativity: for thinking beyond boundaries, for anticipating tomorrow’s challenges, for unlocking growth potential