Senior Transmission Line Engineer
Posted on 11/2/2022
Orlando, FL, USA • Brookhaven, GA, USA • Tampa, FL, USA • Raleigh, NC...
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and minimum of four (4) years of prior relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems
- Experience in reviewing full transmission line designs including PLS-CADD models, foundations, material, plan and profiles, and construction packages
- Knowledge of NESC, ACI, AISC, and ASCE code requirements; construction specifications; material procurement process; project schedules; and construction work packages
- Develop project scopes, budgets, and proposals
- Ability to work effectively in team environment but also able to work independently
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
- Must have leadership experience and supervising others (required for Senior and SME Level)
- Work in client office is a possibility and/or periodic travel may be required
- Program Expertise:
- PLS-CADD and POLE
- LPILE or FAD Tools
- Microsoft Office
- EIT, FE, or Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Program Experience:
- PLS TOWER
- Bentley MicroStation
- Bentley ProjectWise
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Construction Management and Support
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.