About the team:
Global Technology and Manufacturing (GTAM) organization is at the heart of product creation and delivery of our global brands. Our teams are composed of engineers, chemists, materials scientists, product researchers, technicians, program managers, and more. We work cross-functionally to develop insightful, innovative products that fulfill the unmet, design and build new technologies and processes that bring that innovation to life, and manufacture products that meet the needs of our customers.
About the Role:
The GTAM (Engineering/R&D) intern assumes a high level of responsibility learning about and supporting manufacturing programs and new product technologies and initiatives. You will get hand-on education, training and experience on what it takes to design and execute engineering solutions for our manufacturing processes. This engineering intern will be exposed to and collaborate cross-functionally with R&D and the supply chain to assist our teams with developing manufacturing processes and equipment that will bring Harry’s next generation products into mass production.
What you can expect from our summer internship program:
- Learn about Harry’s history and culture through our Summer Intern onboarding experience
- Socialize and build your network through regular check-ins, lunches and events with fellow interns
- Develop relationships with and secure guidance from mentors from your immediate team and from one of our seven Employee Resource Groups
- Participate in regular Q&As with Harry’s, Inc. leadership
- Highlight projects you observed and contributed to in an End of Summer Wrap-Up with your fellow interns, in a fun and engaging forum
What you will observe, learn about, andaccomplish:
- Assist with creating robust sustainable engineering and research solutions that maximize profitability
- Assist with establishing systematization tools, simplifying processes and standardizing work
- Assist with developing innovative equipment solutions to improve the design of our product
- Work on cross-functional teams to assist with developing, evaluating, starting-up, and optimizing production equipment
- Assist with testing, measuring, characterizing, and evaluating products, components, and prototypes using standard and custom instrumentation
- Assist the engineers in developing test methods, fixtures, and procedures in a lab environment
- Assist with developing processes by studying product requirements; assist with researching, designing, testing, and modifying manufacturing methods and equipment; assist with conferring and partnering with external suppliers
- Assist with building transformation models and evaluating and designing equipment
- Assist with researching and scoping engineering solutions to operational problems
- Assist with creating thorough and detailed reports to key stakeholders
- Work simultaneously across multiple projects
You should apply if some or all of the following apply to you:
- College junior or senior working towards a degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- You have technical curiosity and understanding to develop new approaches to big problems
- Critical thinker with the ability to solve unexpected problems
- Ability to own and execute work independently
- Capable of extracting engineering data from various sources and processing and presenting in clear communications
- Approach work with a focus on the important details
- Communicate effectively with all levels of coworkers and collaborators
- Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engineering to work every day
- Ability to work around complex and sensitive manufacturing equipment and instrumentation
- Ability to define processes and specifications for custom/development equipment
- Ability to read and work from technical drawings and instructions
Here’s who you’ll work with:
- Work with Engineering (Engineering Implementation Group) Product Design Engineers, Product Researchers, Materials Scientists, Program Managers, and Quality Engineers and Technicians
- Partner externally on our teams working with machine vendors, contract manufacturers, and contractors.
Harry’s, Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office or our Product Lab in Kearny, NJ a minimum of 2 days per week. What will you get out of that? Fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salaries are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. The base salary for this position is $25/hour.
We will be accepting applications until March 2023. We will contact select applicants regarding next steps at that time.