The restaurant industry is undergoing a once-in-a-lifetime shift, and the team at Toast is committed to helping restaurants navigate these unprecedented times. We are focused on building the platform to empower restaurants to adapt to this new world, take control of their operations, and get back to what they do best: creating memorable and meaningful dining experiences for their guests. On the Consumer team, we are building a restaurant-friendly consumer network to help restaurants thrive. As a Product Manager on the Consumer App, you will be at the forefront of creating innovative dining experiences for guests that take our products to the next level.
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast’s Guest Pillar is delivering on this promise by building an all-in-one platform designed to deepen the connection between restaurants and their guests. Our Consumer team is committed to creating more convenient and delightful ordering experiences, enabling our restaurant partners to drive demand and build sustainable businesses.
We are looking for an exceptional Product Manager to drive the development of great end-to-end experiences for our Toast consumer app. Partnering with Engineering, User Experience, and stakeholder teams, you will help define the vision for creating best-in-class consumer experiences; develop and execute a plan for bringing that vision to life; and identify outside-the-box opportunities to improve dining experiences for both guests and restaurants. You are customer-obsessed, excited to innovate and experiment, and well-versed in native mobile development and best practices.
Rolls* and Responsibilities (Responsibilities)
- Identify key problems and latent needs for guests and develop creative product solutions.
- Define and execute a development plan with your engineering and UX partners to deliver a simple yet delightful user experience to guests.
- Align your product vision and roadmap with Toast’s overall business goals, KPIs, and reporting structures to make sure your work can drive impact.
- Develop strong empathy for and familiarity with the needs and challenges facing both restaurants and guests.
- Drive purpose and clarity for your team, stakeholders, and leadership through strong written and verbal communication.
- Set ambitious goals, and use your persistence and creativity to meet them.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- A track record of delivering results for customers as a product manager, with ideally at least 3+ years of product management experience.
- Experience with consumer native mobile app development (iOS and Android).
- Experience working with consumer-facing products; B2B2C experience a plus.
- Understanding of agile product methodologies and best practices.
- Experience with product analytics, and defining and reporting KPIs.
- Strong listening, communication, and decision-making skills.
- A collaborative, “One Team” approach to problem solving.
- A customer-first mindset, with experience conducting and analyzing user research.
- Experience using tools such as JIRA, Figma, Looker, and Heap.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged, but not required
The base salary range for this role is listed below. The starting salary will be determined based on skills and experience. In addition to base salary, our total rewards components include cash compensation (overtime, bonus/commissions if eligible), equity, and benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].