Senior Sales Engineer
Posted on 3/17/2022
- Minimum 6 years of experience working with customers in a technical pre-sales role
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Understanding of complete data stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Strong skills in databases, data warehouses, and data processing
- Hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Experience and track record of success selling data and/or analytics software to enterprise customers; includes proven skills identifying key stakeholders, winning value propositions, and compelling events
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technology (e.g. Netezza, Exadata, Teradata, Greenplum, etc.)
- Data Science fundamentals
- Software development experience with C/C++ or Java
- Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Present Snowflake technology and vision to executives and technical contributors at prospects and customers
- Work hands-on with prospects and customers to demonstrate and communicate the value of Snowflake technology throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to design and implementation
- Maintain a deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Snowflake in relation to them
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Snowflake's products and marketing
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase, etc)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Business Objects, Tableau,etc)
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, etc)
- Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools
- Experience using AWS services such as S3, Kinesis, Elastic MapReduce, Data Pipeline
- Experience selling enterprise SaaS software
- Proven success at enterprise software start-ups
Data warehouse for the cloud
Snowflake has become a global force to help mobilize the world’s data. Snowflake enables thousands of organizations to have seamless access to explore, share, and unlock the true value of their data.
- We've got your back - We offer comprehensive health insurance plans, health savings accounts, robust retirement plans, and generous life and disability insurance.
- A Balanced Lifestyle - All Snowflakes have access to our weekly online lunch and learns, virtual workout classes, and ergonomic work-from-home equipment. We offer on-demand mental health and wellness programs to support our employees and their families.
- Your People Matter - Help offset the cost of growing your family with our fertility benefits and family planning resources. Count on our generous time-off and various leave plans for you to rest, refuel, and sustain a great work-life balance.
- Global Snowflake Team - No matter where you are in the world, we will get you connected and supported with a work-from-home setup.
- Treat Yourself - Personalize your Snowflake benefits by tapping into our employee discounts and pre-tax selections.
- Invest In Your Future - Eligible employees enjoy new hire equity, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), and a quarterly bonus or commission program.
- Put Customers First
- Integrity Always
- Think Big
- Be Excellent
- Make Each Other the Best
- Get It Done
- Own It
- Embrace Each Other's Differences