Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Seattle, WA, USA • San Francisco, CA, USA • New York, NY, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA or equivalent required
- 6+ years of relevant accounting experience; Combination of public accounting (Big 4 strongly preferred) and industry experience (start-up through to becoming a public Company experience a plus)
- Minimum 2 years of people management experience
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SOX
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month end/year end close process a must
- Proven proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, etc); must be highly proficient in Excel
- Excellent problem solving skills; project management experience a plus, ability to work in a fast pace environment, prioritize, and handle a teams multiple tasks while being able to critically think and forsee issues and obstacles and leading the team through these to success especially in situations where there is not a set way of doing things
- Proficiency in SQL, NetSuite, FloQast, Coupa and Jira considered a plus
- Excellent writing, oral communication, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills with a high attention to detail
- Prepare and review journal entries, manage day to day corporate accounting activities, support the month end close process, and provide timely and accurate month-end close financials that are U.S. GAAP compliant
- Enhance or build account reconciliation workpaper for every balance sheet account including reviewing and performing some clean-up of historical reconciliations and related balances
- Own drafting and applying operational accounting policies
- Manage FloQast, our month end close and reconciliation management tool
- Support the implementation of new systems, tools, and processes to streamline close and build scalable solutions to support the growth of the Company
- Collaborate within Accounting and Finance teams on metrics, flux analysis, forecast, and projections and support preparation of the monthly reporting package
- Identify and drive process improvements to gain efficiencies and reduce close timeline
- Work effectively with cross functional teams on new and existing U.S. domestic and international initiatives
- Develop, maintain and improve internal controls which relate to assigned areas
- Prepare and/or review documents supporting internal and external audits and ensure the successful completion of those audits
- Manage the Philippine team and work to ensure the success of all related efforts
- Direct accounting experience for any/all of the following areas: investment, internally use software, ASC 842 leases, cloud computing arrangement, stock-based compensation and/or consolidation and Fx
Data platform for AI
Scale AI's mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications.
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage - Our health plans give you the flexibility to select the right coverage for you and eligible family members through a variety of plan options.
- Easy to use 401(K) - Plan and invest for the future with a 401(k) via Guideline. Scale’s 401(k) plan provides you an opportunity to defer compensation for your long-term savings.
- Wellness Fund - We care about the physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing of all Scaliens. Our $100/month wellness stipend can be used for gym memberships, acupuncture, meditation apps, and so much more.
- Virtual Social Activities - Being remote has not stopped us from hosting fun virtual events. From trivia night to candle making, we ensure employees are fostering connections & building strong relationships.
- Learning & Development - We know how important career growth is for Scaliens, so we offer a $500/year L&D stipend to help support continued development throughout your journey.
- Flexible hours allow you to work when you are most productive. You can work with your manager to best plan your daily work schedule.
- Generous Paid Time Off - Enjoy time to travel or plan a staycation. We encourage employees to take time off to recharge and prevent burnout. We have a flexible PTO policy where each employee is afforded the flexibility to take planned time-off as needed.
- Commuter Benefits - Set aside pre-tax dollars to use on qualified transportation expenses to help ease your commute.
- Parental Leave - Balancing work and family is essential, and Scale understands the importance of having adequate leave policies in place to promote a healthy home and work life.
Company Core Values
- Earn customer love
- Intellectual rigor, open mind
- Ambition shapes reality
- Team flow
- Ownership is the job
- Run through walls
- Up the tempo
- Results speak loudest