Los Angeles, California
6 month growth↑ 29%
1 year growth↑ 244%
2 year growth↑ 244%
- Experience with banking operations
- 5-7 years of UX experience
- Verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfort with organizing and running user testing sessions
- Positive can-do attitude
- Organizational and results-oriented
- Envision a user experience tailored to the unique needs of a tech-comfortable retired population
- Translate requirements and user needs into a delightful customer experience
- Design an experience that works well across devices and tech competency
- Implement integrations between consumer experience and infrastructure partners
- Advocate for a deeply underserved community
- Ensure users can get things done effectively and efficiently
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers
- Engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Obsess over voice of the customer and fight for the customer
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community and the software development team
- Establish the UX vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Scalable mobile application design experience
What We’re Looking For
Are you an energetic self-starter who wants to build something big and impactful from the ground up? Do you get excited by taking on a big challenge? Charlie is building the future of banking for the coming wave of millions of tech-comfortable retirees who deserve a bank built from the ground up for their unique needs, a bank they don’t have to get in line for, a bank that comes to them.
As one of the first employees, you will play a leading role in creating a simple, transparent and delightful banking experience for tech-comfortable retirees. This role reports to the Head of Product and you will be partnering with Product and Engineering on product design, development, and customer experience. We are an early-stage startup and we expect every member of our team to roll up their sleeves and do what is needed to deliver an amazing customer experience.
You’d be joining a highly experienced group of founders including our CEO Kevin Nazemi, who served as the Co-Founder and Co-CEO of Oscar Health (NYSE: OSCR), and a company financially supported by some of the most respected FinTech Investors.
Envision a user experience specifically tailored to the unique needs of a tech-comfortable and rapidly growing retired population.
Execution: Translate requirements and user needs into a delightful, beautiful, usable customer experience.
Adaptation: Design an experience that works equally well across devices, bandwidth availability, and tech competency. : Work closely with the founders to implement integrations between consumer experience and infrastructure partners (e.g. core processor, sponsor bank).
Empathy: Become a staunch advocate for a deeply underserved community
Speed: Our users have very clear core banking needs. Make sure they can get things done effectively, efficiently, and without stress.
Prioritization: Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
Communication: Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers in your quest to build the best customer journey.
Multitasking: Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Obsessing: Obsess over voice of the customer, fight for the customer, walk in their shoes, and breathe their air.
Connecting: Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
Collaborating: Work with developers and subject matter experts to establish the UX vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
The ideal candidate has experience with banking operations.
At least 5-7 years of UX experience, ideally designing scalable mobile applications.
Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
Comfort with organizing and running user testing sessions.
A positive can-do attitude.
Organized and results-oriented.
Medical, vision and dental coverage (US employees).
401k with company match (US employees).
Three weeks of annual vacation after the first year of employment. Two weeks during the first year.
8 observed US holidays.
Treat every customer as if they were our parents. We value integrity and empathy and work to earn the trust of our customers and community by the choices we make every day. Caring for our customers is at the center of everything for us.