Electronics Manufacturing RF Technician III
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Engineers and manufactures space communication systems.
CesiumAstro stands out as a leading company in the aerospace industry, offering tailored, mission-ready solutions for both commercial and defense applications. Their competitive advantage lies in their full-stack modular product line, which allows for customization based on specific payload requirements. With a diverse global operation that includes hardware and software engineering, manufacturing, mission systems, and wireless communications engineering, the company fosters a culture of technical excellence and industry leadership.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 17%
1 year growth↑ 36%
2 year growth↑ 82%
Austin, TX, USA
- Associate of Applied Science (AA) with 2-4 years of experience
- Experience with Design for Manufacturability (DFM) of electronics hardware
- Knowledge of industry standards such as IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001
- Experience with nonconformance documentation, root cause analysis, corrective action systems, and acceptance criteria
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Manufacturing of electronic assemblies for space and aerospace platforms
- Serve as in-house expert and primary point-of-contact for testing and qualifying assemblies
- Perform manufacturing/design analysis and root cause of non-conformances
- Supplier review and process documentation
- Work closely with manufacturing and design engineering team, program management, and external contract manufacturers
- Experience in statistical process control
- Experience in aerospace or other high-reliability industries
- Proficiency with PLM and ERP software
- Proficiency in AS9100/ISO9001 quality management system requirements
- Proficiency in lean manufacturing methodologies
- Experience successfully tackling multiple high-priority tasks
Please Note: To conform with the United States Government Space Technology Export Regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., conditional resident, asylee or refugee (protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you.
We are looking to add an Electronics Manufacturing RF Technician III to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge hardware for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for the manufacturing of Cesium’s diverse array of electronic assemblies for space and aerospace platforms. Cesium partners with contract manufacturers (CMs) and in-house manufacturing to fabricate and assemble our products. As such, you will serve as Cesium’s in-house expert and primary point-of-contact for testing and qualifying Cesium’s assemblies. Day-to-day responsibilities range from highly technical manufacturing/design analysis and root cause of non-conformances – such as component specification drift and manufacturing process improvements – to administrative functions like supplier review and process documentation.
Your work will have a direct impact on the success of the company. You will work closely with both the manufacturing and design engineering team, program management, and external contract manufacturers to industrialize space products for a growing market that combines the rigor of space with the scale of commercial electronics.
Successful candidates will have, as a minimum:
- An Associate of Applied Science (AA) with a minimum of 2-4 years of experience. Extensive directly related experience may qualify in lieu of education requirement.
- Experience with Design for Manufacturability (DFM) of electronics hardware.
- Knowledge of industry standards such as IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001.
- Experience with nonconformance documentation, root cause analysis, corrective action systems, and acceptance criteria.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in statistical process control.
- Experience in aerospace or other high-reliability industries.
- Proficiency with PLM and ERP software.
- Proficiency in AS9100/ISO9001 quality management system requirements.
- Proficiency in lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Experience successfully tackling multiple high-priority tasks.
CesiumAstro considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills. Full-time employment offers include company stock options and a generous benefits package featuring health, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, life and retirement plans.
CesiumAstro, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.