SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
The ticketing industry is messy, complex and historically quite closed. We’re on a mission to revolutionize primary ticketing and looking for bright, curious engineers who want to help millions of people experience the thrill of live entertainment.
.NET is at the heart of the tech stack that powers our box office software and the SeatGeek Open API that connects our clients’ box offices to our consumer-facing mobile apps and websites. We ship these applications in containers on a mix of Windows and Linux hosts. We interoperate with services throughout the organization written in many different languages. We are looking for .NET engineers of all experience levels to help us grow and scale these services. We are looking for Software Engineers with varying levels of experience to join SeatGeek’s Product team.
Who you are
- Experienced in building web applications, ideally within a microservices architecture. We’ll be most interested in hearing about what you’ve built
- Someone who loves solving complex technical challenges. SeatGeek engineers have had to create custom solutions to rather unique ticketing problems, including venue mapping, inventory tracking, and event matching. We’ll be excited to hear about challenging problems you’ve solved
- While hands-on experience with C# is preferable, we will consider candidates with experience in any compiled languages.
- Passionate about software craftsmanship and product. You have well-considered opinions about how software should work, and hold yourself and your code to a high standard
- Committed to your teammates. You enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different experiences and take pride in mentoring and learning from others
The tools we use
You absolutely do not need experience with all of these, but we thought you might be curious. Tools can be learned.
- Languages: C#/.NET, Python, Go, Nodejs, and PHP
- Datastores: Postgres, Redis, S3
- Server: .NET 3.1 → .NET 5, .NET Framework, all running on containers in AWS
- Monitoring: DataDog & PagerDuty
- Version control: Git
- Clientside: we make heavy use of React/Redux on the frontend
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $130,000-$240,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!