Staff Data Scientist
Core Sponsored Ads
Posted on 2/8/2023
San Carlos, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Statistics, Operations Research, Bioinformatics, Economics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering) or equivalent research experience
- 8+ years of work experience in data science related fields
- Distinctive problem-solving skills, good at articulating product questions, pulling data from large datasets and using statistics to arrive at a recommendation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to present information and analysis results effectively
- Ability to build positive relationships within DSA and with our stakeholders, and work effectively with cross-functional partners in a global company
- Statistics: must have strong knowledge and experience in experimental design, hypothesis testing, and various statistical analysis techniques such as regression or linear models
- Machine Learning: must have deep understanding of ML algorithms (i.e. deep learning, random forest, gradient boosted trees, k-means clustering, etc.) and its development, validation, and evaluation
- Programming: experience with Python, R or other scripting language, and database language (e.g. SQL) or data manipulation (e.g. Pandas, Dplyr) are required
- PhD degree in a quantitative discipline
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time while paying attention to detail and translate analysis results into business recommendations
- Proven ability to own projects end-to-end, even when you have to get creative: you do more than completing delegated tasks
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques
ML-powered advertising insights
Moloco is on a mission to make the digital economy more transparent, equitable, and profitable by making advanced machine learning accessible to companies of all sizes.
- Comprehensive health and wellness: Competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance (covered at 100% for you) and your family.
- Professional development: Teach yourself something new and get reimbursed each year for your professional development.
- Food and snacks: Enjoy lunch on us. We bring lunch in for employees everyday, In addition, our micro-kitchens are filled with healthy snacks and beverages for you to enjoy
- Paid parental leave: Our maternity/paternity leave plan also has you covered when you welcome a new child into your family.
- Unlimited vacation: We encourage team members to take time off to relax and recharge with our flexible paid time off policy.
- Financial benefits: We provide stock options and generous 401k/pension with an employer match that helps you prepare for your future.